Any Disc-Golfers out there??

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Hey, just wondering if any of you partook in this activity. I'm flyin' high right now, I shot a -14 on the local 18 hole course (the Beauty) and am lovin' it. I bogeyed one hole, after choking an easy putt while trying to talk some sense into my friend who was shooting badly. But other than that I was ON. Never go into 'real' golfing, and this is way cheaper. Good way to spend a nice day, and a good excuse to drain a 6-pack on a Friday afternoon, hahaha.

I'm flyin' high right now

Most disc (not freesbe they get mad) golfers where I'm from are the weed smoking variety. I've payed a time or two, but wasn't into the weed smoking. Now beer and disc golf... that could happen! :D

James

Haha, I thought about that "flyin high" comment right after I posted, and figured that based on most of the disc golfers (fans of the wacky tobaccey) I'd have given the wrong impression. I don't smoke either, stupid security clearance won't let me. I'm just high on adrenaline. Well, that and alcohol! Glad you got to go a few times, man, it's fun times for sure!

great game!
beer + weed = even better game
(not really) I suck at disc golf, but I just played for my first time last week and had a blast!

I played regularly before business got crazy. I have about 30 discs that I have collected from creeks etc when they go down. Great game..good way to relax. BTW I have a weird side arm throw that my buddies made fun of until I out drove em :D

Whit

been playing for about 10 years now, great way to get outdoors and relax for an hour or 2. we've got a handfull of courses around here, 2 of which are really nice. one of them is mcnaughten, it just hosted the womens pro nat'l tourny. thats a tough course, plan on losing multiple discs the first few time out. gotta love 18 + 12 (cold beers) on a friday afternoon.

Scott Simpson introduced me to this sport back in the middle 90's. Although I suck at throwing a disc, I had fun learning the game and drinking mass quantities of beer to boot. We had a rule, whomever lost the hole had to carry the cooler filled with beer to the next hole...sucked for me being a new player!