Illinois Gun Laws!!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
This passed a committee vote 6-4 tonight. It will likely be voted on tomorrow. But we are all crazy...they'll never come after our guns.... If this passes be ready for some serious sh*& to happen in Illinois as I would have to assume the many non-Chicago living gun lovers will not go down easy... There is a lot more to Illinois other than the scum hole of Chicago, too bad their dumb ass laws ooze out to us...

,Dan

Illinois Total Gun Ban Legislation To Be Submitted: Confiscation to Follow

By: Brandon Turbeville
Activist Post

The Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) is claiming that it has learned from a credible source that Illinois State Senate President John Cullerton plans to introduce an “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday January 2nd during the course of the “lame duck” session.

Cullerton’s apparent strategy is to ram the bill through the Illinois State Congress during the “lame duck” and provide the passed version to Governor Quinn by Friday for signing. Quinn is, of course, a notorious gun grabber.

If the bill passes, according to the ISRA, “nearly every gun you [Illinois residents] currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.”

The ISRA states,
Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.
According to The Truth About Guns, there will actually be two bills – “one for semi-automatic rifles, lever guns, shotguns and handguns with certain features (e.g., threaded barrels); and one for ammunition magazine capacity.”

The ISRA has posted five points on “What You Need To Do To Save Your Guns.” They are as follows:

1. Beginning Wednesday, call your State Senator and politely tell him or her that you are a law abiding firearm owner and that you strongly oppose Cullerton’s gun ban. Also, be sure to call your State Representative as well and politely deliver the same message. If you do not know who your State Representative please call the Illinois State Board of Elections at 217-782-4141.
2. Forward this alert to all your gun owning friends and family members. Be sure to tell them to call their senators and representatives as well.
3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you belong.
4. Join or renew your membership in the ISRA. Encourage your friends and family to join as well.
5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below. We are in desperate need of your financial support to help beat back the onslaught of gun grab bills coming our way in 2013.

In the wake of the Newtown school shooting, the anti-gun agenda will undoubtedly be pressed harder and harder into concrete actions against the Second Amendment. The attacks on gun ownership will likely be coming from all sides in the coming months. Thus, while one may attempt to achieve as many victories for the Second Amendment as possible through the legislative and political process, it should always be remembered that there should be no compromise and no debate when it comes to our basic rights.

Brandon Turbeville is an author out of Florence, South Carolina. He has a Bachelor's Degree from Francis Marion University and is the author of three books, Codex Alimentarius -- The End of Health Freedom, 7 Real Conspiracies, and Five Sense Solutions and Dispatches From a Dissident. Turbeville has published over 175 articles dealing on a wide variety of subjects including health, economics, government corruption, and civil liberties. Brandon Turbeville's podcast Truth on The Tracks can be found every Monday night 9 pm EST at UCYTV. He is available for radio and TV interviews. Please contact activistpost (at) gmail.com.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/illinois-total-gun-ban-legislation-to.html

I can not fathom how they think taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to help things or keep them off the streets. We can all wee how well it works for illegal drugs :rolleyes:

What a shame, just going to be a trickle effect to other major cities and states. Are bow and arrows going to bwe the hot thing to buy and be backordered for months?

What a shame, just going to be a trickle effect to other major cities and states. Are bow and arrows going to bwe the hot thing to buy and be backordered for months?

You can fire arrows one after another so they'll probably make that illegal too.

Friggin idiots..... Why can't all you Chitown guys get these mental midgets voted out of office.
We do our part down south.

I can not fathom how they think taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to help things or keep them off the streets. We can all wee how well it works for illegal drugs :rolleyes:

Here's how it's playing out in Australia.:eek:

Don't say that it can't happen here.

Mike B.

Anyone thinking it can't happen to the US is a blind idiot. Can only hope it doesn't come to that

Illinois lawmakers abandon attempts to ban assault weapons
January 6, 2013
Illinois lawmakers are abandoning efforts to pass gun control legislation in the final days of their session. An assault weapons ban was one of several major issues that brought State House members back to Springfield on Sunday.
Lawmakers are also hoping to address other issues, such as pension reform, forcing companies to disclose what they pay in taxes and allowing those in the country illegally to obtain a driver’s license.
The assault weapons ban legislation was slated to appear Sunday afternoon in front of the House Judiciary Committee. But despite a room packed full of supporters and opponents of gun control legislation, the committee meeting lasted less than two minutes.
“I don’t think there’s much to take away,” said Rep. Lou Lang, a Democrat who sits on the committee. “The sponsor wasn’t ready to call his bill. The amendment hadn’t been drafted and he wasn’t ready.”
When the brief meeting adjourned, several opponents of gun control stood and applauded.
“We will be back like a bad nightmare,” Nathan Moyer, an opponent of the assault weapons ban from Decatur, Ill., shouted to the room as soon as the meeting ended.
He predicted lawmakers will push gun control legislation again.
“Anytime tyranny is put together by the judicial system that is corrupt, the little man will stand,” Moyer said.
Rep. Elaine Nekritz, who chairs the committee that was scheduled to hear the measure, said afterward that the House didn’t act since the Senate failed to approve an assault weapons ban last week.
She said it’s likely to be addressed in the next legislative session, which starts Wednesday.

http://www.wbez.org/news/illinois-lawmakers-abandon-attempts-ban-assault-weapons-104733

Eyes open for the next round coming Wed 9th in IL.
I predict this type of underhanded, adding lines to unrelated bills, will start happening all across the country. We all need to pay close attention.

Also, there is a similar post going on the GTO board right now. A guy who lives in Australia commented on our situation. Here is what he said about how gun bans and confiscations happened there.

"Well there was a mass shooting at Port Arthur in tasmania where there were around 30 people killed. If you do a bit of research there are a lot of things that are very dodgy with this incident. For one the guy that has been arrested and jailed for it was convicted and sentenced without going to court. He was also mentally retarded and was deemed to be not mentally stable enough to look after himself years before the shooting, yet he was convicted and sentenced on his confession alone. There is a lot more to this but it is too much to write down here.
After this happened the politicians forced thru new gun laws requiring that all firearms must be registered no semi autos allowed at all, handguns are very very heavily regulated to the point that you have to go thru so much red tape to get and keep one its not really worth the hassle. The amount of paperwork we have to go thru to get licenses and firearms is stupid and the police "loose" applications on purpose so it can sometimes take up to 6 months or more to get a bolt action rifle. I am not 100% sure of how they got the laws thru cause I was only around 14ish at the time but it went thru very quickly. After the laws were passed people were given a time period where they could hand their firearms in after that if you were caught with prohibited firearms its around a 50k fine and or 10 years in jail from memory.
All firearms must also be held in a locked safe which is bolted to floor and the wall of the house, the bolts and ammo must be stored separatly from the guns, also they are NOT allowed to be used for self defense. If someone breaks into your home and you shoot and kill them you will be charged with murder and all the relevant firearm charges as well. Also if you hold a current firearms license the police have the right to turn up at your house any time to check that your firearms are secured properly, if not you will be charged accordingly and lose your firearms and license on the spot if they choose to. The police do do this as well quite a few of my mates have been "checked" by police.
As far as the crime rate I would say armed robberies and home invasions have increased dramatically since the new gun laws. As it stands now its easier for me to get a gun illegally than it is to get one legally. The problem is now though is that every time someone gets shot (usually bikies) or if any shootings happen anywhere else in the world like the one you guys just had it all starts up again and they try to make our laws over here stricter again.
Once it starts it will be almost impossible to stop and progressively get worse you need to put an end to it now. This has also happened in the UK as well with much the same results re crime as over here in aussie. Here last week there was a stupid bitch on the news trying to get people to hand in their kids toy guns and trying to get toy guns banned as well."

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456772

Straight from someone who lived through it.
Eyes and ears open everyone.

I was born, raised and carried a Badge in Chicago. The truth is that there is not, nor will there be, any criminal who intends to commit a crime change his mind because a gun is illegal. " I think I'm going to go and kill some people at the mall today, but I better use a knife, guns are illegal"
Nor will they be harder to obtain. I personally know at least 15 "Law abiding citizens" who can no longer claime that title because they obtained a gun to prevent thier family members from being victims. One had little trouble finding an AR-15 converted to fully auto, he has since moved to a state that supports the Castle doctrine. It's difficult to think the "Sheep-ople" really think less gun are the answer. Education about guns and safely using them. Adequate identification, treatment and housing for the mentally ill. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO SHOOT BACK !!!!!!!!!

The general public, and some gun owners don't get the reason for our right to bear arms. It's to protect us from our own government. They want to make sure that the phoney-bologna jobs are proctected when we have had enough of left & right, instead of right & wrong.

Let illegals get drivrs licenses and ban guns, Both make sense to me NOT How do these idiots get elected?