Any clue what this is?????

BuckeyeTroop

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure this isn't good. It's along the driver's side fender. The one on the right obviously looks ok but the one on the left is fried. I just happened to open my hood after driving around doing some tuning and it was smoking and the wires around it hot. They both have a yellow wire coming out but I couldn't trace where it went to. Any thoughts or help appreciated.

It's aftermarket so the only way to know for sure is to trace the wires

yup, fuse holders it looks like gotta trace the wire or find out whats not working that did before.

One is for the Alchy Pump and the Other is for the dual fan set-up. Are the dual fans working when the car is running - the 2 in FRONT of the intercooler?

If you read the literature that I sent to you in MS Word document - you would know what those are for.

Stoooopid cheap POS Chineese Fuse holders. Looks like it's time to get a new one soldered in there and possibly run a 30A fuse.

1 hour job. I would be happy to do it for you - yet you are tooooo far away :)

Good Luck !!!

yup, fuse holders it looks like gotta trace the wire or find out whats not working that did before.

Thanks. The only thing that seems to have changed is my boost gauge. I've been trying to get the tune right and the boost levels seem off. Low boost showing with KR.

One is for the Alchy Pump and the Other is for the dual fan set-up. Are the dual fans working when the car is running - the 2 in FRONT of the intercooler?

If you read the literature that I sent to you in MS Word document - you would know what those are for.

Stoooopid cheap POS Chineese Fuse holders. Looks like it's time to get a new one soldered in there and possibly run a 30A fuse.

1 hour job. I would be happy to do it for you - yet you are tooooo far away :)

Good Luck !!!

I did read all of the literature. The fans and the alchy pump are working. When I "test" the alchy the lights come on and the car stumbles briefly at idle.

1. Make certain that alcohol pump is working if you have your Boost up to levels that need alchy - or BAD things can happen.

2. Also be certain that you always have alcohol in that tank - as it is a "small" tank and if you run out - see # 1 above.

3. When the dual fan set-up is activated at 180* coolant temperature - the 2 fans inside the engine compartment will start - then the 2 fans **in front of** the front-mount intercooler should also come on. Those (2) 10" fans in front of the intercooler are controlled by an entirely separate circuit with a separate relay. I believe I also supplied the wiring diagram to you for this circuit?

If both of those circuits are *seemingly* working - then that fuse holder is directly shorted - and still conducting and passing *some* current. I would venture to bet it is supplying < 12v DC to the circuit that those wires feed due to resistance in that line now.

Maybe the Alchy Pump is being activated - yet is not running to specifications due to decreased supply voltage?

If both of those circuits are *seemingly* working - then that fuse holder is directly shorted - and still conducting and passing *some* current. I would venture to bet it is supplying < 12v DC to the circuit that those wires feed due to resistance in that line now.

Maybe the Alchy Pump is being activated - yet is not running to specifications due to decreased supply voltage?

That definitely sounds like a possibility. I am getting a lot of KR even at relatively low boost levels lately and haven't been able to stay in the throttle long enough to see the alchy come on for fear of detonation. I've since replaced all of the turbo/IC hoses, added a scanmaster a tinman CAI and an LS1 MAF and translator. Ran very good today after getting everything installed but still seeing KR at lower boost levels at times. Starting to think false knock.