Anti-theft starter interrupter realay

Dreamcar86

Hey guys,

I am trying to help a fellow club member out locally and I do not even know what this part looks like.

Does any one have a picture or a way to find this part on the vehicle?

The original GM part number was 1616422 the new updated number for this part is 12083587.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Just noticed that my spelling is on today. The title should read "relay" - edit feature would not let me change this.

try posting this at gnttype?? Maybe Eric Fisher (oem parts guru) will help out with this one? I think (?) he's on here too, but for sure, there.... he likes this kind of stuff.. :D

I'll try and post a pic tonight. The relay is located above the fuse panel. It has a white plastic body if that helps. 1616422 should be on it for easy ID.

Here's a pic of the relay and the module. The relay is the white part and the black part is the anti theft module. The parts in my pics are from a 88 Caddy Deville and they just happened to be tie wrapped together on that model. On a TR the module sits on the back side of the dash pad above the park brake release handle.

Attachments

• GM Theft Module-1.jpg
    GM Theft Module-1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 123
  • GM Theft Module-2.jpg
    GM Theft Module-2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 128
Here's a pic of the relay and the module. The relay is the white part and the black part is the anti theft module. The parts in my pics are from a 88 Caddy Deville and they just happened to be tie wrapped together on that model. On a TR the module sits on the back side of the dash pad above the park brake release handle.

Eric,

Many thanks to you! I appreciate you taking the time to post the information.

Shane