1987 Turbo-T; 100% Original, 11k miles, Rare Chrome Mirror (DR3) Car; Will Not Disappoint !!!

It will be at Mecum thru the weekend. It went across the block this morning (early) but no sale. It's there with "the bid goes on" sticker on the windshield. It's odd; there was a 58k mile(?) Grand National there that was in great need of repairs; doors sagging, emblems missing, cigarette burns on the interior, no muffler, repaint, etc... The bidding stopped at 17,500 on that car and still did not meet reserve. I have a virtually brand-new car, fully documented from day one, in need of nothing for less than 4k more and I'm treading water. I just don't get it. Our cars were parked across from each other today.

I was there yesterday, didn't arrive until 1pm. I scoured the lots for your car and couldn't find it. I saw a ratty 1984 Hurst Olds sell for nearly $10K and it was extremely rough. I'm heading back there today and will track down your car.

Damn, sorry to hear that. But again, I tried to warn you what to expect with a plain Jane TR, that's not even a Limited at auction or just in plain general. The money's just not there and people want a black car(GN).

Last edited:
It will be at Mecum thru the weekend. It went across the block this morning (early) but no sale. It's there with "the bid goes on" sticker on the windshield. It's odd; there was a 58k mile(?) Grand National there that was in great need of repairs; doors sagging, emblems missing, cigarette burns on the interior, no muffler, repaint, etc... The bidding stopped at 17,500 on that car and still did not meet reserve. I have a virtually brand-new car, fully documented from day one, in need of nothing for less than 4k more and I'm treading water. I just don't get it. Our cars were parked across from each other today.
Generally speaking, GN's will always command more interest and higher dollars. GLWS. Your car is beautiful.

I've been following your T as well as a WE4 in Naperville, what city do you live in. I'm looking to replace my 87 silver T that I sold years ago

I've been following your T as well as a WE4 in Naperville, what city do you live in. I'm looking to replace my 87 silver T that I sold years ago
I'm in Tinley Park, near I-80 & LaGrange Rd. I'd be glad to discuss it with you. Please call me at 312-501-7668 at your convenience.

Not sure if I mentioned, but the only reason I'm selling is because I had an opportunity to buy back the car my dad and I built in 1989-90. I sold it shortly before he passed in 1999, and the person I sold it to recently passed. His wife offered me the car back before publicly selling it. Thus, selling the Buick is my only source of funds at this time. If it weren't for that, I would not be selling at all. This is/was most likely the only car I'll ever own that is this documented, this new, and this original. I have very recently seen (at Mecum) a 1987 Grand National SELL for $18k. That car had 58k miles, straight pipes in place of muffler/tailpipes, doors sagged, emblems missing, and cigarette burns on the seats and door panels. I was shocked when mine did not sell as my car is as close to new as you may get without buying one of those "500 mile or less" cars. I am not trying to sell you on the car, the car can sell itself. I can assure you that you'll be impressed with it. For a little more than that Grand National, someone can have a virtually brand new, turn-key car. I would not be saying this if I were not confident in it. It is honestly true to my description, as well as having the documents from the original purchaser; bill of sale, GMPP warranty contract, dealership and maintenance service repair orders, the salesperson's calculation sheets, delivery checklist, owner's portfolio with the key code numbers on it, owner's manual, etc. If you wish to discuss the car in further detail, please call me tomorrow @ (312)501-7668. Please leave a message and I will contact you as promptly as possible while I am at work. I sincerely appreciate your interest and look forward to speaking with you.
Mike

I understand the "pain". I have a "fake" GN that's fairly well built, and a rosewood TR that the painter made way too red, that has a Turbolou engine and a AZGN Nick trans that will run circles around the black car. What does everyone want? The black one. And I'm gonna sell it to him tomorrow.
I bought a Limited D-84 rosewood burgundy car with 44K original miles in May that's my absolute favorite. "Old folks"like to tell me about that car, and that they were wanting the LC2 option for Grandpa's Limited. This one is my "retirement car" and I could care less that it's not black.:cool:
GLWS! If I had the room...

I am considering re-listing the car in the near future as I'm unsure if the present buyer will be able to follow through in a timely manner. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Your car seems reasonably priced to me. Please keep us posted as to how it does at the auction!
Good luck!
KID

Sometimes my phone doesn't show all of the posts. You're talking about the auction didn't show up until now.
KID

The auction was in the fall last year but was a really bad time of year to sell (at least in the Midwest). The only reason I'm selling is because I bought back a car that I had built with my dad over 25 years ago before he passed away and can't afford to keep them both. This is/was probably the only time in my life when I'll have such an original Turbo Buick at an affordable price. Just my luck that the market will skyrocket on these in the near future like all the other original 60's-70's musclecars and I'll pay double or more to get a car of the same caliber again. But for now I must do what I have to in order to keep from going further into debt, lol.

Beautiful car, nicer than the GN currently on Ebay that says it has 11k on it. I have a 14K T that I drive every 4 years or so and I like the fact it is pretty well a brand new car from the 80's. Best of luck with the sale, I think your price is bang on!

Beautiful car, nicer than the GN currently on Ebay that says it has 11k on it. I have a 14K T that I drive every 4 years or so and I like the fact it is pretty well a brand new car from the 80's. Best of luck with the sale, I think your price is bang on!
Thanks for the compliment !

Giving it another shot......maybe I'll paint it black, then it will sell. LOL.
Don't lose all hope just yet because the collector car market is just as volatile as the stock market, even a strong fart can effect the buying/selling mentality. Huge difference for some/most between the GN and the TR although they are virtually the same vehicle. There is also the fact that your asking price is damn close to the price when the car was new so some adjustment in the price/reserve should be a consideration at some point.

I hope the car finds a loving home and new owner who will care for it like you have and I think your patience will reap rewards.

Regards,
Gregg :)