anti-surge housing for te-44?

liv4gnz

i dont want to install a BOV, and i do alot of light to light or city driving and i get the surge, atleast a different housing would help with the surge, any one sell it?

Anything could be made. You need to go to a 4" inlet to do it.

i dont see how a bigger turbo would do anything except cause more lag, i just took my big one off, no matter what turbo it is without a BOV it will surge when you snap the throttle shut, the air has to go somewhere,

ive been reading up on it and seems like higher horsepower big turbo applications get a loss of power and more lag with an anti surge housing, so i dont think it should affect me, would you know how to make one and where to drill the holes? does any one make them in that size already?

liv4gnz said:
i dont see how a bigger turbo would do anything except cause more lag, i just took my big one off, no matter what turbo it is without a BOV it will surge when you snap the throttle shut, the air has to go somewhere,

ive been reading up on it and seems like higher horsepower big turbo applications get a loss of power and more lag with an anti surge housing, so i dont think it should affect me, would you know how to make one and where to drill the holes? does any one make them in that size already?
Yes i know how to make them. I'd do the holes in a Bridgeport milling machine and the bypass slot on a lathe. I've never seen one for a t04e60 compressor wheel. Usually they are equipped with a t04e compressor cover and there isn't enough material to machine on that cover. With the 4" inlet there's enough room to mill the holes. Vented compressor covers move the surge line up and left. This is under power. The vented cover isn't meant to reduce surge at minimal/zero throttle. There is a probably a slight loss of mass flow with a vented cover but it's so negligible it would be hard to even verify it unless you were running it for all it's worth then backed it up with the non vented cover and went back to vented to compare.

i dont see how a bigger turbo would do anything except cause more lag, i just took my big one off, no matter what turbo it is without a BOV it will surge when you snap the throttle shut, the air has to go somewhere.

not that it matters, but i dont think thats the conventional description of compressor surge. The barking sound when the throttle snaps shut is considered something else i believe.

so its made more to keep the boost steady at what you set it at, rather than working like a BOV, where the air goes out of the holes when snap the throttle shut is what its more made for?

liv4gnz said:
so its made more to keep the boost steady at what you set it at, rather than working like a BOV, where the air goes out of the holes when snap the throttle shut is what its more made for?

It recirculates a small amount of the air when it back flows. This allows the compressor to move more air and not operate in surge.