Ant Problems...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

Lots of fire ants in SETX, I've been able to keep them at bay in the yard using Triazicide granules. Now they're getting into the garage(s) via the gap between the slabs. This was originally a 2-car slab with a carport added later, then after we bought it, another 2-car slab was poured along with a full-length (66') sidewalk down the back. Apparently none of the contractors did any kind of sealing between the pours and the ants are coming up inside the walls. Since I can't use granules here, what/how to get rid of these monsters?

Buy a pet ant eater? :rolleyes:

but on a serious note, not sure. That is definitely a big problem:unsure:

Check out solutions pest control. They have the right stuff to take care of that problem. They are in the Houston area but can ship the stuff to you.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bought some DIY stuff that is pro quality off the net. When I get home I will share what I got. It has worked great for me but not on fire ants specifically. It had so many warnings I was a bit leery but it went fine. Cost about $80 and that included the sprayer, all shipped to my door.

Draw across their path with chalk. Seems to work for them until they find a way around.

Draw across their path with chalk. Seems to work for them until they find a way around.

Is that anything like the "red line" in the sand, that dear leader has made????:smuggrin::p:D

Mix warm water, borax soap, and sugar. Should kill them off.

Check out solutions pest control. They have the right stuff to take care of that problem. They are in the Houston area but can ship the stuff to you.

I'll e-mail their "Pro" and see what he recommends, thanks!

Mix warm water, borax soap, and sugar. Should kill them off.

Where do I spray? I have no idea exactly where they are getting in from, it could be anywhere along the top/sides of the chainwalls between slabs. With fully cladded walls it's hard to tell...

I'll e-mail their "Pro" and see what he recommends, thanks!

Where do I spray? I have no idea exactly where they are getting in from, it could be anywhere along the top/sides of the chainwalls between slabs. With fully cladded walls it's hard to tell...

You can do it a few ways. As long as there is sugar, they will come. More than likely they will take it back to their nest and kill them there too. Below are a couple links to help you.

http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/how-to-get-rid-of-ants-with-three-ingredients/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Getting-Rid-of-Ants-or-How-to-Kill-an-Ant-Invasi/

I have had success with Demon WP pest killer to create a barrier and "sanitize" an area like a house or garage interior so they don't want to come in to an area.

To get rid of the colonies you must give the ants bait of some sort to take back to the nest and or queen/s. I use ePestSupply because they have good tutorials/advice.

http://www.epestsupply.com/ants.php#Fire_Ants

Self rising flour, cornmeal mix, anything that rises with water. Ants eat and then explode or take it into the colony. Safe for everything except ants and you probably already have this in your house. Good luck.

I had similar problems with ants at my house only they seemed to find my Buick was the best place to converge. Everyday I would have hundreds inside and out. I tried everything but nothing worked completely till a friend (he is a professional exterminator) gave me a tube of gel made by DuPont. I put a dime sized portion of this stuff on a paper plate (two outside car and one inside) after about two days I had zero ants and that was over a year ago. Apparently they love this stuff and they take it back to the colony and it wipes them out. According to my friend all remedies are useless unless it gets to and kills the queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a bad ant problem at our new house that the owner sent some goons out to try and solve..... They sprayed some stuff that was said to be of professional grade and one hour later the ants were back to walking their trail like nothing happened.

So I sprayed more of what they left here and in another hour they were walking the trail again..... So then I went to my buddy who works for a professional company and he set me up with 3 oz of Termidor..... I mixed 1 oz per gallon of water and sprayed the entire outside of the house, even the flower beds and to this day not a single ant is to be found anywhere!

Thanks for the link ( ZNix ) I just went to it and ordered the 20oz bottle of Termidor for future use!

Check this out, just stumbled across it. I would so like to have one of these.

I had a carpenter ant situation on my deck. I bought Terro ant bait at Lowes for about $6. That was 2 days ago. No more ants. Very very impressed. It got great reviews on Amazon.