Another powermaster issue

NY_GN

Planning next secret evil upgrade
Had a hard pedal out of nowhere, lucky for me it was in the parking lot.

No blown fuse and no brake light came on. I put in a new accumulator in and it was intermittent for a few miles, then Everything has been fine for two days.

My question is; does it take the new accumulator ball time to get to work? Or am I in for a surprise in the near future?

I know about the vacuum and hydroboost set-ups, but I want to troubleshoot this for now.

Any suggestions?

Check the heavy black ground wire that is attached to to the firewall. It may be loose.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
What do your fluid levels look like while in proper operation?

proper levels shown:

DSC_0157.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG

If you push down on the emergency brake does the "brake indicator" come on?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Im gonna check the acummulator ball again to make sure it is tight enough. The old one had the bolt on the outside, the new one has the bolt/pattern where the ball meets the master cylinder. It may not be flush.

Yes the light comes on when Ipush the e brake.

I'm assuming since I have no brake indicator or trouble code on the scanmaster, then its mechanical issue.

Yea or nea.

Had a hard pedal out of nowhere, lucky for me it was in the parking lot.

No blown fuse and no brake light came on. I put in a new accumulator in and it was intermittent for a few miles, then Everything has been fine for two days.

My question is; does it take the new accumulator ball time to get to work? Or am I in for a surprise in the near future?

I know about the vacuum and hydroboost set-ups, but I want to troubleshoot this for now.

Any suggestions?

It's working OK now, right?

Right, its working now, just wondering if anyone had this happen and it was the start of something bad.

I've had it happen and the solution was to replace the switch

I've had it happen 3 times - once it was the accumulator, 2 times it was an intermittent electrical failure of some kind . none gave any warning light or any sign of problem before the sudden failure. On All occasions it gave a hard pedal while driving with no warning light and It was a miracle no one got hurt any of the times. I went to a vacuum system after the third failure. Of all the failures, the first was on the original PM , the 2nd and 3rd occurred on different rebuilt powermasters that had replaced earlier failures. One was a warrantee replacement. Maybe I just had some bad luck with some crummy rebuilt units, but I'm just not a fan of the PM.

I guess it's Hydroboost time, is there a vendor that sells all components for the Hydroboost conversion?