Another No Start - Please Help

onslow

Quicksilver
My sob story is: Car would stall. So, I installed a new crank sensor and IAC. The fuel pump & filter, ICM, coil pack, and plug wires are new too.

The car fired right up. I chose one of the several IAC/TPS reset procedures out there and this is what I got at closed idle:

BLM 131
IAC 16
TPS 44
MAF 6
RPM 800
WOT 4.54

On the road, the car ran great with no stalls and with just a slight stumble at 25, but it would continue on throttle with no other problems.

This weekend, just for the halibut, I decided to get more experience tuning the car by trying a different IAC/TPS reset procedure to see if I could 1) match the good scan numbers I got last week and, as a separate thing, 2) track down a fix for the stumble.

So, I started the car and it idled great. Then I shut it off, and did one of the other reset procedures (clip into ALDL, unplug, plug in IAC, etc.).

No, I did not have the engine in CLOSED loop before I began. I went at the reset procedure with an OPEN loop state.

When I first tried a restart, it ran several seconds then died.

So, I tried doing every other reset procedure out there (including the TPS and min. air screw adjustments). The best I could get was for it to run up to a minute with me cycling the throttle, but it would die without my help...very frustrating.

Now, I'm puzzled. Since the car ran before I tried the first reset, what did that reset do to the car that will not let it run?

How can I get it to run so I can tune it???

My only idea is to check IAC pintle position, unplug and plug crank sensor... because that is how the car was set up when it ran after I replaced those two things.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

P.S. I promise...after I get it running again, I will not experiment with any more reset procedures, but I will pass along your good advice to anyone else in my position.

With all that experience and savvy out there...no one has any ideas about how I can get the car up and running again?

Steve