Another brakes question

84turbo6

i have been searching and reading, went through the diagnostics thread, can't seem to find the answer but narrowed it down to accumulator or switch or both, when I apply the pedal the brakes are hard and don't work right away and the " brake" light comes on very briefly, also I hear a clicking sound from the power master when I'm applying the brakes or not a constant clicking it's working me. Which one is it?

Does the electric motor run? If not could be switch or bad motor. Accumulator only accumulates it doesn't create the pressue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes it clicks every 3 to 4 seconds when stepping on break and around 10 when off the break, also the switch is a grey one, was on the car when I bought it

I believe the grey is the one the dealer would have put on to replace the yellow switch that was recalled.

So the motor clicks, but doesn't run? Might have seized.

Haha was thinking of going vacuum, but need to fix this for now, the brakes are hard until about half way then they feel like normal, I should include the car sat for 2 years, also the lights flicker every time the power master clicks

I went hydroboost but vac works too. You couldn't give me another powermaster unless you are doing some kind of concourse restoration.

Yes it clicks every 3 to 4 seconds when stepping on break and around 10 when off the break, also the switch is a grey one, was on the car when I bought it
You need to suck all the old fluid out, replace the accumulator, and clean the check valve. All can be done on the car and are not very difficult.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

thanks guys for helping me out yet again! I thought changing from an 84 gn to a 87 would have made things easier! Haha

Dave here. Could some of you more knowledgeable fellows about the Power Master brake parts look at something for me . Its on ebay Item # 191445996845. It's a Accumulator....Just wanted to make sure it the right one for the Power Master system on my 87 GN. I have tried to research the AC Delco patr number that are listed but still not sure. I bought it anyways... Just wanting to see if I threw away my $70 dollars.

Hey guys I think I might have found the problem but can't pin point without someone helping me which I don't have but here is a video with the car off, I was getting ready to switch the accumulator and heard this sound and the brakes didn't harden at all after about 20+ pumps

This doesn't go directly to your questions but I agree with switching to a vacuum set up immediately. You are wasting any money you put into the Powermaster. And I am confused as the 1984 Turbo Regals were hydroboost not Powermaster.

This doesn't go directly to your questions but I agree with switching to a vacuum set up immediately. You are wasting any money you put into the Powermaster. And I am confused as the 1984 Turbo Regals were hydroboost not Powermaster.
Sorry I dont know how to change my name on here, I sold my 84 gn an bought an 87 gn, an accumulator fixed my problems, this power master is going to have to get me by while I save for vacuum set up

Sorry I dont know how to change my name on here, I sold my 84 gn an bought an 87 gn, an accumulator fixed my problems, this power master is going to have to get me by while I save for vacuum set up
If you ultimately intend to scrap the PM I wouldn't throw money at it. If you end up having to buy a new accumulator and switch to fix your problem, you'd be right at the cost of a vacuum setup anyway.