Another 9 sec stock block!!

Originally posted by GRNDNL
Way to go D!ck...........:D

Now if we can get him to tow it to BG or Norwalk........:eek:

He plans to be in BG this year as he has been for the past 2 years. Doubt that he will run TSM as his TA alum engine will be installed by then.

Today would definitely be the day to do it! It's colder than a bastard out here! Nice run man, too bad I wasn't there to see it.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
so how many guys do we have in the 9 sec stock block club now? 5?

I think that is right. 2 running iron heads that I know of.

I think D. Bamford said we should rename that turbo "the 9 second turbo", he is right.

Ted

Good times.

Great Run for a Good Guy

I am so glad for D!ck, he has stayed with it through a lot of setbacks to run this great time. I have pitted beside him the last couple of years in BG and he and his wife are great people. It's makes you feel good to see a friend live his dream with a lot more to come later.
Way to go!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

That is great to hear, it could not happen to a better guy!

Damn, wish I was there....... (oh well next time) :)

Rick Elam

Congrats D!ck, it sounds like you sorted out the down pipe and wastegate issues.
Nice run! see ya in Bowling Green.

It's cold here right now, but I am sure in spring I will be there also!

It's going to be a great time at the Nats this year..

8 by my count..... 5 TSM cars have run in the 9's (Dave Bamford, Roy Garcia, Jason Cramer, Louie Lopez, Guy Robinson)..... Then there is Ryan Guy, Ted A., and D!ck that have run 9's with a stock block, but they don't compete in the TSM class..... Also, Geno and Bill S. (from Champion) have run 9's with a stock block, however, both of them have Stage motors now (obviously if you wanted to count them it would be 10):)

The 9 sec club is starting to fill up since the PT 70 gtq hit the scene.
Next up is the 8 sec stock block club with the PT 76 gts turbo. :D ;)

Originally posted by top gun
The 9 sec club is starting to fill up since the PT 70 gtq hit the scene.
Next up is the 8 sec stock block club with the PT 76 gts turbo. :D ;)

Dave, do you plan on coming down to Bradenton for the Buick Southern Nats in March (6th-7th)?? The 109 Outlaw class should be very interesting to say the least:D

Originally posted by 86brick
Dave, do you plan on coming down to Bradenton for the Buick Southern Nats in March (6th-7th)?? The 109 Outlaw class should be very interesting to say the least:D

Not sure at this point, the motor is coming out this week for a freshen up. I should have a better idea by mid Feb.

Originally posted by top gun
Not sure at this point, the motor is coming out this week for a freshen up. I should have a better idea by mid Feb.

:cool:

Great job ****!!! Is this a ported shroud pte turbo you just put on the car?? Also what cam are you running. Dave i think your next goal should be the first 109 block car that requires a chute.

Will at the rate your going it will take droping it out of a C-130 to run those times :) maybe you will have a chute installed

:D

Dathan