Android Apps!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
What are some of your favorite Andriod Apps?

I like Angry Birds; barcode scanner; youtube, tv.com, and duck hunter...

I haven't had my phone long so looking for some other good ideas for apps!

I use tapatalk to use this forum, craigslist, ebay, youtube, inventory droid I keep up with stuff in my work truck, there's SO many

Sent from my DROID2

Wrong section noob! Lol

I like music downloader. It finds free mp3s on the net. App is free too. Finding the songs is hit and miss sometimes but I've found plenty of music.

Google maps is a must. Droid lite is nice...it uses the flash as a flashlight. Nesoid is great if you like classic Nintendo games. Make sure to get the wii remote program too then...you can use a wii remote to play the games.
Pandora is cool for music as well as rhapsody but coats 10 bucks a month but you can listen to any music you want pretty much.
I hardly ever get on a PC anymore for internet. My Droid and my wifi connection here at home work great.

My kid plays Angry birds on my phone.

I like Speedometer.. that is cool if you walk, run or drive. it can record your speed, milage & time trips and gives you all types of stats, gps location, sea level, etc etc

Ebay Classifieds app

Ebay seller app

Craiglist app

the weather channel app

Places app

Gas buddy app

Dog whistle app

AAA discounts app

Fox news app

Tuneinradio , a game called shinobo, there is also a buick gn app i have puts pics on the phone at random during a call and dragon poker, can't forget flash light and bubble level

Cool, I see a couple I am going to try!

Does anyone know how these ringtone apps work. I am a newb at the phone stuff. I have never had luck at the ringtone deal. I ain't paying for them I am looking free stuff;)

I have 2 ringtone apps. mabilo ringtones, and ring alert i have been too lazy to play with them but you down load the tune your looking for right into your ringtone menu in the phone, also i forgot one i use all the time its called paper toss what a great time waster, and coin flip

I just got my second new Droid 2 last night. One of the keys on the keypad tore on my original one. So they gave me a Droid 2 Global because the original is already discontinued the Droid 2. The only apps I really have used so far is eBay and Google maps. The eBay app pisses me off because it is super slow to log in. I talked to a couple people work with if they have the same problem with it.

I use Gtunes for music.
ESPN Score Center of course
DirectTV if you have a DVR
Nesoid is good for games (roms are hit or miss though)
Shopper is a great bar code scanner
Smart measure to measure distance
Also have a scientific calc (i'm a math teacher)
A good antivirus, and advanced task killer to keep your battery life up.

That should get you started :D

I use Gtunes for music.
ESPN Score Center of course
DirectTV if you have a DVR
Nesoid is good for games (roms are hit or miss though)
Shopper is a great bar code scanner
Smart measure to measure distance
Also have a scientific calc (i'm a math teacher)
A good antivirus, and advanced task killer to keep your battery life up.

That should get you started :D

Good one i forgot about Task killer

No apps to recommend but on a security mailing list I read one researcher picked 30 of the 60 most popular free apps a few months ago, and 16 of the 30 were sending out personal info like your number, your gps location, and other stuff, as often as once a minute. None of the apps warned the user in any way that they were collecting and sending the info. So buyer beware :).

PowerAMP for a music player

K-9 Mail for...well...email

Dolphin for a web browser

Weatherbug for the forecast

Beautiful Weather widget for the weather and animated clouds across the home page.

Act1 for a video player

PDA net and Wireless teather for free broadband that Verizon can't track :)

Itunes remote for controlling itunes on my PC from anywhere on my network

Quick Boot to restart my phone with a single click.

Handcent for SMS/MMS

I rooted my phone but so far have just done some of the apps that require superuser privs.

PowerAMP for a music player
PDA net and Wireless teather for free broadband that Verizon can't track :)

LOVE!! PDA net. I got rid of my wireless card and saved myself $67.00 a month. I'm not a heavy down-loader or anything I usually average about 3 or 4 gigs of usage a month. Works out GREAT for me!

I'm out in the sticks, no DSL or cable. :( Only option is wireless or satellite. Before I found PDAnet I was using a Sprint wireless card.

ok, what does PDAnet do? Does it make the phone work like a wifi hotspot? Like Verizon says it will do for another 20-30 bucks a month.