An idea how many WE4's with the WO2 made

Xvetteowner

I have a 1987 WE4 with the black out package. I know a little over 1500 t-types in total were made in 1987 but I can't find a break down on the total. Maybe Buick did keep that number?

So did I but that's not the case

From what I've read the blackout package or option WO2 was only available for the first few months on the model year. Then anything that came after would not have the black bumpers.Or maybe you could still get the blackout package but it would no longer come with the painted bumpers?

2384 86 T-types

1035 87 T Limiteds

1547 87 T WE4 - Black w/ black bumpers, blackout trim, alum drums, alum bumper supports, "T" wheels, pretty sure all had grey interiors...............

I think the "rare" cars in 87 are the early build black T's w/ either blackout or chrome trim and chrome bumpers. Once the WE4's came out, you could no longer get a black T with blackout or chrome trim or chrome bumpers. This is how I understand it, but it may not be accurate.........

I think the "rare" cars in 87 are the early build black T's w/ either blackout or chrome trim and chrome bumpers. Once the WE4's came out, you could no longer get a black T with blackout or chrome trim or chrome bumpers. This is how I understand it, but it may not be accurate.........

Can anyone confirm that.

All WE4's have blackout
Early 87 model year you could get black with WO2, chrome bumpers as a normal T
Late 87 WE4 came out, and the WO2 blackout package was no longer available on a black car.

Thus, only WE4 was available................ and the only way to get a black "T":D

I remember seeing the black T with chrome bumbers. Those are ugly and probably hard to find as I would think most would convert to the black bumpers later..

I'm going off of memory here. Black and chrome T's were available up to a certain date. I've seen a couple for sale before. They canceled the black and chrome T's one day and put out the press release for the WE4 the following day. I'm pretty sure that Kirban has all of the dates and press releases in one of his books. Just can't remember which one.

I remember seeing the black T with chrome bumbers. Those are ugly and probably hard to find as I would think most would convert to the black bumpers later..

LOL, I did exactly the opposite. I took the black bumpers off and put chrome bumpers on my WE4 :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 400
kirban 2 cents worth

see thread under this same turbo lounge heading but numbers game trunk label.
After the WE4 was announced the only other black turbo-T that was still available had to have the chrome package not the black trim as it wold be too confusing with the new WE4 production.

Most of what is said earlier in this thread is correct including production numbers of 1,547. Kinda of neat since the GNX hit 547. No I don't know if that was planned or just luck.

All WE4s had grey bucket seats from the factory.

So, based on this the really really rare black 1987 Turbo-T would be the ones built prior to Nov 11th 1986 that had WO2 black out package because they only had a production span of like 8-10 weeks total. Also the public I am sure had no advance warning so potential buyers would not know this.

Playing the guessing game probably less than 100 or so. This is probably the most confusing model in the Turbo Regal system for owners.

Confused now?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Making owners think, and sharing some knowledge.

ALL T's had chrome bumpers. The only ones who painted them black are usually those who have fiberglass now. No one would paint their bumpers black unless they never wanted to sell the car...:rolleyes:

ALL T's had chrome bumpers. The only ones who painted them black are usually those who have fiberglass now. No one would paint their bumpers black unless they never wanted to sell the car...:rolleyes:

Some had black bumpers as Dennis pointed out above.

No, only 87 T's w/ the WE4 package came from the factory with black bumpers

kirban 2 cents worth

Seems to stil be confusion on the WE4 models. The WE4s had black bumpers from the factory. Along with the GNs and GNXs they were the models with black bumpers.

The other black Turbo-Ts in 1987 had chrome bumpers and in addition could have the WO2 black out package as long as production was prior to 11-13-86. After that date when the WE4 was announced 11-15 ONLY THE WE4 could be had with the black out package on a black Turbo-T and the WE4 included the black bumpers.

At the year GS Nats and I am sure other large Buick events it is not uncommon to see various T-Types (1984-1986) and 1987 Turbo-Ts in any color and owners have painted their bumpers to match their cars. You can blast the chrome bumpers and spry them to match without much trouble...they don;t neceesarily have to have glass bumpers on them.

Downside to glass bumpers is they will not withstand an impact in an accident on the street.

On a side note here is a bit of 1987 trivia: No Buick related companies etc can answer this.

In 1987 the Turbo Regal was called a Turbo-T had the little square with the T in the emblem on the fenders.

What other model Buick was introduced in 1987 called a T-Type and only was available in 4 colors? Name the 4 colors and Buick model. TWO PART QUESTION!!!!

Got a prize for lst correct answer

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Good luck