Amplifying 6X9's

I'm around. Gonna need the manuals for all the stuff too. :D

I like to read before I destr... err tweak a system.

Walmart cruise is Sat. night, if you go to that maybe we could meet earlier and tune it then hit the show.

I think my boss is gonna bring his yellow '73 El Camino composite/custom there this week. Not stock but he got a good start on a rare model since nobody wants those years LOL.

Anyway I'd be happy to help, and get my coil pack back. :D ;)

Sounds good

Salvage,
That sounds good to me. Weather is supposed to be nice Saturday. I'll being the manuals too, and I'll be sure to remember the coil pack. :D
I've been doing a little reading in the meantime (since I killed the battery :eek:) and am slowly learning.
Thanks
Steve

Read through the specs. a bit. Seems that box is a tad small for the woofers. I assume the box is sealed like Infinity recommends for those speakers?

Crossover should be 80-90 Hz. or so probably maybe 100 if needed.

Once it is balanced with the other speakers and tweaked for your preferences and music it should work fine for ya!

Yep, it is a sealed box. I did notice (after I bought it) that the box is .65 cu. ft per sub, where the subs require .75 cu. ft.
That's the last time I'll trust the youngsters at Circuit City....that's the 2nd time they misled me. :mad: I thought these younger types were all into car stereo and knew their stuff!? :rolleyes:

Buyer beware, right? I guess I only have myself to be disgusted with. :(

I could still take 'em back and get ones that will work with that box (if absolutely necessary), or get a bigger box.

alternative for bigger box.

If the bigger box is that much more expensive. Buy some cotton fill, it is the same stuff they put in pillows and stuff the box with it. It will slow the sound waves down inside the box and trick the speakers to make them think it is a bigger box. Just an alternative. Ive done it a few times before and it worked fine.;)

The box did come with some filler material, and I put it in. It wasn't enough to fill both sides of the box, just enough to cover the inner sides.

Steve

Home Depot run!

Loose R12 or R19 will work too.

They prolly even have polyfill there, much less itchy.

Deep bass will need the larger box or larger appearing box.

Otherwise it will be a bit boomy. I guess you found that out the hard way.

I think overstuffing it will suffice however. :)

Definately dont overstuff. Just enough to fill up and surround the magnets. Not too tight though. Let it be loose.;)