aluminum radiator choice

The most important thing to look for in a radiator is that it have 2 rows of 1 inch wide cooling tubes. No other core is more efficient or as efficient and more rows equals less efficiency. This radiator has 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes and it also has both coolers. Because of this and the price,there is no good reason to look further than this radiator. Because of this new option,we now have two choices of radiators with 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes and both coolers. The other choice is the Alradco. These are the only 2 choices if you must have both coolers. If you don't need both coolers,you can probably get a radiator from Champion with 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes with a trans cooler. Running a slippery torque converter without an external supplementary cooler will tax even the best radiator.

kirban 2 cents worth

I appreciate those of you that have chirped in explaining the radiator we sell.

Here is another thing to keep in the back of your mind. Cold Case makes probably over 25 different radiators for various applications so they are pretty much set up to know what they are doing.

For our market I provided them with an original one to copy.

I have known the owner for well over 30 years as they are local to me.

Bit of trivia our company was the very lst company in 1978 to make all the early radiator shrouds for the 1964-1967 GTOs....a huge seller because owners where getting the engines rebuilt and realized the optional radiator shroud or the one that only came on factory air cars was critical to cooling down the engines....we also made the radiator brackets so the HD radiators would bolt into the 1964-1967 GTOs....

I learned a lot back then for example shroud works best when the fan is positioned half in and half out of the shroud opening...closer to the radiator and it is not as efficient....

Also the radiators we sell the sides are stamped kinda like the original pattern not smooth sided....

end of story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The most important thing to look for in a radiator is that it have 2 rows of 1 inch wide cooling tubes. No other core is more efficient or as efficient and more rows equals less efficiency. This radiator has 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes and it also has both coolers. Because of this and the price,there is no good reason to look further than this radiator. Because of this new option,we now have two choices of radiators with 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes and both coolers. The other choice is the Alradco. These are the only 2 choices if you must have both coolers. If you don't need both coolers,you can probably get a radiator from Champion with 2 rows of 1 inch wide tubes with a trans cooler. Running a slippery torque converter without an external supplementary cooler will tax even the best radiator.

What radiator are you referring to?