Aluminum fabbed valve covers

Thinking out loud here,

If you are going to make them two piece, make the top easily come off for adjustments,etc. There has to be a happy medium on making them tall enough to clear rollers yet short enough to clear the ac box. Two piece, with say a 1 1/2" spacer and then a shorter top would let both sections be removed easily. Cost is going to scare off many regardless of how you do it, unless they get made in china, which would scare off more people than the american price tag. Send them with felpro's permadry plus gasket for the bottom and it won't leak. I would be in the market for something like that in the future when I go roller.

Update! Project is underway and would like to thank TTAowner for lending me the necessary parts for mockup purposes. Company seemed very enthusiastic about the project so will see what happens.

Don't have a timeline on when they will be ready for testing. Hope to have one of the locals who have a roller rocker setup give them a try for clearance issues. Maybe I can talk Bison into giving them his blessing when they are ready.

Pic below is of the SBC covers they already make.

Attachments

• fabvc.jpg
    fabvc.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 704
How thick are the rails?

You could send me a set of valve covers for fitment on TA SE Heads w/ 1.75 rockers.;)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

They haven't been started yet. Just dropped off a head and valve covers there about 2 hours ago! Patience!

Looking to keep the cost under $200 and hopefully a lot under $200, we'll see.:confused:

I hope they will work with AC and/ heat I would like to have a set of those If they clear every thing.

looks great! And the price range looks awsome as well. I know it wasn't long ago that sheet metal valve covers were BIG $$$. Thanks for keeping the old brick up to date.

I hope they will fit on my Champion heads with the T&D bolt on rockers. If so then I may be interested.

2 piece would be worth the price of admission, checking valvetrain would be simple, O ring is the professional way to go, cost is always worth it when it works.
Mike

NADA:mad: Was there the other day picking up parts for orders and the covers I dropped off are still sitting where I left them.

I think 2 piece is a good idea and mabye they can make a couple variations for those that need to clear the ac box and those that dont but need roller rocker clearence...If you need to do it all in one shot mabye locate a valve cover that had to be notched to fit so they can incorporate everything into one ....

Personnally, I'd rather have some good one piece, notched corners, roller rocker clearing fabbed valve covers. :wink: That gimmicky "two piece" idea is just an invitation to some oil leaks...:frown: Besides, who really needs to have two piece covers?...With these cars, you don't remove the covers to readjust the valves after each run like on some race cars, so why bother with two piece unless it's an absolute need? :rolleyes: I prefer KEEPING IT SIMPLE.

Claude. :smile:

DOA as far as us doing anything. Was very disappointed in the manufacturer as the parts were there forever collecting dust so I took them and gave back to TTAowner. Not sure if Nick made any progress on his end.