Aluminum fabbed valve covers

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Any interest in aluminum fabbed valve covers?? One of my suppliers who is local to me asked me if there would be any interest in these. Obviously they would be made to actually fit.

Absolutely, especially if they were engraved. The price would have to be in line also. Anodized? Black valve covers would be cool.

Figure out what they'd cost Mark. I may just be interested because I'm gonna end up running the RJC valve cover spacers for what I've got planned.

Hopefully this will become reality. The company already builds valve covers so shouldn't be too tough for them to do it, problem is will it be worth it for them to do it? Oil pans might be another possibility as well. It is a pretty big company and have the known the owner since he worked out of his garage.

Engraving would not be a problem obviously and is the least of my concerns, just need to convince them there is a market for them.

Anyone know if GM cores are still available for the oil pans?? They WOULD be able to build aluminum ones but the price would be $$$$$$.

Right now they are working on aluminum tanks for the windshield washer fluid and coolant overflow.

I think there is plenty of a market for them as long as they don't piss oil all over the engine.

Many have seem to have tried and few have succeeded at accomplishing that.

I think there is plenty of a market for them as long as they don't piss oil all over the engine.

Many have seem to have tried and few have succeeded at accomplishing that.

I thought that was a requirement???:biggrin: If they ARE made they will be done right.

Any suggestions on what you guys would want, FUNCTION wise?

need to make the power steering resivoir again. i was going to buy one then you made the toyota kind.

Good Luck........i think it's a good idea, but be careful.......500 people will say they want them but when it comes time to pony up a few bucks, they will all disappear.............been there, done that.

Good Luck........i think it's a good idea, but be careful.......500 people will say they want them but when it comes time to pony up a few bucks, they will all disappear.............been there, done that.

Actually, been there done that too many times to count.:rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what you guys would want, FUNCTION wise?

Yes.

Make the valve covers two piece. I'll explain..............

Have them make thick aluminum spacer that bolts to the heads, like a RJC valve cover spacer. One would use a valve cover gasket of their choice and use whatever type sealant they want. This spacer would be "permanently" installed/bolted down.

Now have the bottom of the sheetmetal cover machined for an o-ring gasket. The valve cover gets bolted to the spacer. The fabricator can place the bolt holes where ever he wants. You can also add extra bolts.

With having an o-ring gasket, the valve covers can be removed and replacemented without worrying about any gaskets.

The stock rail for the valve cover is not wide enough to support an o-ring gasket.

Here's another idea, trans pans with o-ring gasket. No one makes those ;). The pans could be made for the 200 or 400. They have a wide enough surface.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Actually, been there done that too many times to count.:rolleyes:

Mark, we a doing a "one of" set of custom alum valve covers for a customer, and if you would like or want any help, or input, on this project, will be glad to work with you. :)

We do have a set of fabricated covers that were done a few years ago by someone else, and they have fitment issues with some head/rocker combinations.

One major concern is they must seal properly, and our plan is to have a very rigid base for the gasket. Simplest method at this point is to waterjet a thick base piece and build from there.

To do a 2 piece base and cover like Billy stated would be great, but probably drive the price out of reach for most buyers unless production numbers were very high. :confused:

For example, the original M&A valve covers used and O-ring instead of a gasket. This o-ring cost over $40 when I purchased a set a couple months ago. :eek:

Mark, Count me in. I will definitely be interested in a set. I saw a stage motor with block aluminum valve covers this past weekend and it looked awesome. Also, do you have any pictures of the valve covers this company produces? This will compliment the GN1 Aluminum resevoir kit I just bought. :cool:

If they clear roller rockers and AC, and don't leak, I'll pay good money for a set of fabbed aluminum covers.

i had a set of gbodys that did not clear a/c box rear corner needed to be notched.If they would have cleared i would have kept them.Cleared roller rockers on driver side and fitetc.But passenger hit ac box and was a real bitch to slide in past roller rockers etc.So i am game if you make some that clear a/c etc also liked the to breathers up in front of motor idea ...