ALRIGHT...this is the deal!!!!!

Originally posted by CARTMAN
Cut the guy some slack. We should be thankful guys like Keith are still building stuff for our cars. Remeber quality parts take time to build. :)

Yup, we should be honored to have such standup vendors like this around...anyone see Tony lately :confused: , I hear he and Dave are in hiding together :p

Originally posted by jmidolo
Yup, we should be honored to have such standup vendors like this around...anyone see Tony lately :confused: , I hear he and Dave are in hiding together :p

Not only that, it is the ''other venders'' that sell his stuff to keep him in business!
I sure would not want to associate my business with any vender with a bad rep........thats for sure!!

Cut the guy some slack. We should be thankful guys like Keith are still building stuff for our cars. Remeber quality parts take time to build.

That statement from Cartman was assinine. I don't feel lucky when I send someone my money and they keep it and my parts for several months. There is NO excuse for it. Other vendors on here have no problem getting what you order to you in a prompt and timely manner. Should Keith be exempt simply because his parts are top notch?

I have spoke with Keith via email and telephone on many, many, occasions. We have had b!tch fests on this board over past dealings. Keith is a very likeable guy, but his business practices just flat out suck. He knows it. His disciples and Keith himself have defended his delays with the fact he was moving his shop. Big undertaking, no doubt. But wouldn't it make sense to not accept any new orders until old ones are fulfilled?

I like Keith, despite the shipping problems I experienced. He does make top notch parts. I hope he makes right for everyone who dealt directly with him. For all the others, you would be well advised to contact one of the vendors who sell his parts that have them in stock.

hehe

Originally posted by V6DVette
I just wanted to add that I ordered a exhaust elbow the end of December thru Dynotech. Eric called me yesterday to tell me its in his hands! I'm picking it up tomorrow. So it does pay to go thru a vender. I gave him nothing to order it. So if it never came in I wouldn't be out the cash...:)

I'm never gonna finish this car!:(

so that was YOU???:D I should have known and put in a sticky puck!:eek: :eek: :D ;)

How'd she work?

contact

Originally posted by WSLN 6
Glad to hear you are almost back in action! Please contact me as soon as you can and we'll do biniss!:)

Please contact Nick Micale at arizonagn.com he deals daily with ya canadians, and can suit your needs for any product.

thanks!

to pts

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
I know how that is first hand also Keith. Its been a little over a year since Bruce moved and man has it been a real learning experience for sure. Until you make a committment to grow like that, you won't ever really appreciate what all it does take to get the "business" completely moved. Hope it all comes together for you completely.

Mark

Thank you for the kind words of wisdom, mark. Its definitely a tough task that few seem to understand...moving that is. Its NEVER really "all done"......then ya need a bigger place:D

It'll all come together completely here very soon once we are situated with new employees, etc... We moved over 65 miles away, so all of our previous employees....did not follow in our footsteps, except one...and myself;)

thanks again and tell bruce I said "hi!!!" and tell him to stay out of it! (LOL) out of what, I dunno....speaking of, did they remove that swastika yet?:D :D ;)

paul

Originally posted by HRpartsNstuff
I know EXACTLY what Keith is going thru, believe me! Making a transformation/move/growth of just about any kind takes a BIG toll on a business & it's operators. As all of us racers know, we want the best stuff & we want it yesterday. Unfortunately, things like this need to be done in business, and the shipping schedules suffers from it. In the long run, we are all happier, but in the mean time.... no one's happy it seems.

Hope everyone gives Keith the patience & understanding like so many have done for us in our time of change. It just makes it worse for all to get upset about it. What should take days takes weeks, and what should take a week takes months, just the way it turns out. Seems the harder we try, the further we fall behind & the more issues pop up to deal with. The money pit movie is for personal stuff, and quite mild compared to business money pits :( We are just barely getting caught up on last years orders, which should have happened months ago. Our sand blaster basically folded up a couple days ago. Instead of needing a few maintenence things, it seems to have all gone to hell at once. Material prices skyrocketing, plater's forgetting how to do their jobs, other services booked up for weeks, etc...
Murphy's law x 20 every day :(

PS- Keith, that explains why you haven't returned my calls :) After it all mellows out (like it ever will), give me a shout. Need to get setup to sell your fine products :)

Well paul, that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell, but just remember the mistakes we have made and learn on them. You cannot make promises you are not absolutely sure you can keep, that is the bottom line and our mistake in our previous dealings. For example with an intercooler kit...yes you may have the materials to build it, but do you have the clamps, hoses, etc that go along with the unit? Our biggest problem (other than moving) has actually been getting GOOD promises from our suppliers, we have made their promise, OUR promise to you, and most of the time it rarely works out.

At other times you may be doing well with production, then something breaks....or another job arises which must be completed in xxx amount of time, etc. There are many variables in this business, especially as a manufacturer, and it is very hard to convey that message to the customer. The slightest problem means a disappointed customer, it is our job to make it up to them.

Stress also plays a major part in running this type of business....you may be building 1 swaybar a day for 6 months, then get a call for 750 of them.....since you have never built 750 of them, nor have the manpower to do the job....you are not so sure you can even quote the job properly, and give that customer/vendor a proper "promise" of delivery date....which again becomes very important, because your promise may be the promise made by their company to THEIR "750" customers...etc....very stressful.....

Thanks again paul, and feel free to contact us anytime (once we do announce the phone/fax #'s;)

fred

Originally posted by turbo_canuck
Keith, PLEASE shoot me a line here concerning the stretch intercooler i sent you for repair. I'm getting the car painted and i need to be able to drive the car!!:(

Freddy

intercooler is good to go, I believe we have to toss some coating on it, also on the shroud what color (would assume satin black coating) Shoot us an Email and we'll get it out

thanks!

Re: paul

Originally posted by Mease Performance
Well paul, that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell, but just remember the mistakes we have made and learn on them. You cannot make promises you are not absolutely sure you can keep, that is the bottom line and our mistake in our previous dealings. <SNIP>

Thanks! We (as manufacturers) get to learn things that most others would never ever find out about, or believe. Here's a couple that might help someone out there:

If the supplier says he will have your material/components/service done in 2-3 weeks, add 50-200%.

Expect to send back 1/3 of it because it wasn't done right or it's the wrong stuff.

No matter how confident you are that you have it all for one project, something's missing or wrong every time! We could just ship it & let the customer deal with it & prolong the final "correct" shipment that way, but not our style. We go for the perfect fitting, everything there, no hassle installs :)

If you priced the final product based on all current costs, expect to get hit with rising costs from one or all places at any time. from 5% to over double! And of course, you can't just add in extra costs to consumers expecting it, and can't pass them on after the fact without hurting sales or losing to competitors that can absorb it or don't see the change quick enough.

And just when things start smoothing out & catching up, something happens to put you behind again. Guard against it any way you can, it still will happen. I hurt my back last week, and between my neck & back & drugs, I lost a whole week of production. And when you are the one doing everything, the biz comes to a screeching halt. And if you take time to contact everyone to let them know what's going on (like we should), you fall further behind.

And when you get the big order (750 swaybars would be nice :) ), even if you quote it, order stuff, produce them, etc, PERFECTLY, the above issues seem to double or triple! And then, most think with a big order like that, just hire a bunch of people & get it done. Well, that can't happen because you can't afford to take time to interview, hire, train, re-train, oversee, inspect, re-train, dicipline, re-train, etc. Also, can't afford it cause the new increase in qty means you need to purchase more material & components, which eat up all (& then some) of the cash flow in the biz.

And another thing that get's in the way of shipping schedules for me & a rare few others ;) is, we NEVER sacrifice or cut quality of the product, components, or the processes to be able to just ship faster. I personally would rather take the heat for shipping late than get the rep for shotty or even half-arsed quality. Decent & nice are really below our level :)

We now go by a few rules that seem to help:

Multiply any reasonable expected forcast for shipping by 1.5 - 2 for customers, and it will be much closer to actual.

Find help for the time consuming tasks that others can handle without too much supervision (give up all the easy stuff).

Even though we get taxed at a MUCH higher amount for FINISHED inventory on the shelf (vs materials & components) at the end of the year, it is an absolute necessity to have all items in stock.

Start getting ready for events/shows 3 days sooner than the 2 days sooner you are already doing.

Never take payment for products before they are shipping (or within a few days), unless the customer offers & is OK with doing it, even if there is a delay in shipping.

Ask the customer if there is a drop-dead date that must be met for some reason. Many times the consumer (most of you guys :) ) want it yesterday, and I am one like that too. BUT, when we finally get a few to ship, we don't know whe REALLY needs one & who could wait a few more days. And as murphy's law would have it, we usually cover the wrong ones & take the heat.

Explain to the customer that 2 day service is almost double in cost, and next day is 4-5 times cost. Most people don't realize that shipping charges are going up, and RUSH shipping is outrageous!

ORGANIZATION in every aspect of the biz is more important and helpful that ever imaginable. I am the type to plow thru a project as fast as possible & pick up the pieces afterwards. That takes less time in the long run and helps other things going on at the same time by putting each thing away as you go thru it.

Get financing behind you ready to help tackle those fluctuations and/or big orders. We actually have the ability to take on big orders for hundreds of everything, but can't afford to grow that fast without destroying what I have going now. The "just do it" mentality does NOT work at all in those cases. Many businesses go out of biz doing that. Business partners help in a lot of ways, but usually cause more damage than it's worth in the long run. I may look at selling some stock off in the future or some other way to raise funds to cover a lot of these issues. I would of course have to offer stock ONLY to fellow club & TB.com members :D Money usually cures a lot of issues & in theory should increase the ability to sell more, as long as the sales come in to cover it.

To help in the future, we plan to have a current customer update center on our website. This way, we can post one time to let everyone know what's on schedule & what's behind at any given moment. Just takes the dicipline to do it on a regular schedule & be honest with you guys & ourselves. We want to tell you a date that is asap that we *should* be able to hit, but the x2 multiplier date is not as appealing but usually more accurate & causes less poop down the road for all. We don'e tell people 2 weeks to get the sale & then ship in 6 weeks when it's ready on purpose, it just works out that way for sometimes for the many reasons above.

PS- Keith, either your site is down or you changed the address!
PPS- For those that think I should be working on my own products instead of writing these long posts, well, FYI I am laying on my side with an ice pack on my back & can't do much else. Just thought letting people see & hopefully understand the "tip of the iceburg" typed above, might help out. Ohh yea, forgot to say:
No matter how hard we try, can't please 100% all the time. Things get misplaced, fall threw cracks, issues pop up, etc. Only way to avoid dealing with it (for us) would be to drop all retail sales & not sell at the events, phone, or internet. Just sell thru vendors. Then THE VENDORS would get the calls & e-mails asking where their order is. Of course then we would have to raise prices (aprox 30%) to cover their necessary profit margins, since we just about break even selling to them now. We do 95% selling direct, which allows us to keep our prices lower. Guess we could always switch into the Ford & F-body & import markets & make more profits & volume..... Naaaah!
Couldn't EVER drop out of the Buick scene, love it too much! ....
even though us Buick enthusiasts want 200% quality & performance, at at group discount price ;)
Have a great weekend all! Taking another valium now :)

Keith, I was dealing solely with you when I said "We will do biniss...."
I won an ebay auction of yours back in december for a 3" downpipe with test pipe, and it's all paid for.
Just wondered when it was going to be shipped my way.........
Please email me or phone me at 1-306-221-2977.
Thanks!:)

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Mease Performance
so that was YOU???:D I should have known and put in a sticky puck!:eek: :eek: :D ;)

How'd she work?

It looks like it will work great! Mocked it up just to see the angle of the dangle. Eric had to work on the puck a bit so I'm sure it wont stick anymore.;)

I'm never gonna finish this car:(

sean

Originally posted by WSLN 6
Keith, I was dealing solely with you when I said "We will do biniss...."
I won an ebay auction of yours back in december for a 3" downpipe with test pipe, and it's all paid for.
Just wondered when it was going to be shipped my way.........
Please email me or phone me at 1-306-221-2977.
Thanks!:)

callin now !!!;)

Thanks Keith! Talked to Keith, and all is well............:)
Just in time for the race season! Sweet.

Keith,
I also dealt directly with you in January of this year for a dutt neck IC which I paid for through paypal. Could you please call me and let me know what your plans are. At this point, I'll take the part or a refund. My numbers: 1-334-427-3037 home or 1-334-488-4681 cell.

contacts

Ernie, please post your phone # (s)

will call everyone today after lunch...most everything that was left at the old place is completed and just needs to be packaged and shipped, which will occur this week.

Scott, I do not recall an intercooler purchase, but then I have been very busy in the past weeks, We will check our transactions today. Did you send a core or pay a core charge?

thanks!

Scott

checked on your order scott, yes we have a core payment, the core payment will be refunded once we recieve your stock core in return after you recieve our unit.

thanks again all

Keith,

You think you can send my friend his intake out, or a refund if its a problem to ship?

Thank you.