Almost Got Scammed Be Careful!!!!!!!!!

Totally off topic but I can't resist.

Oh god this is priceless. How hilarious is it that somebody completely wasted your time after the crap you pulled with your WE4!! Maybe there is something to this Karma stuff.....

I knew you'd say that :biggrin:

Totally off topic but I can't resist.

Oh god this is priceless. How hilarious is it that somebody completely wasted your time after the crap you pulled with your WE4!! Maybe there is something to this Karma stuff.....

alot to karma, proven yet again right there :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's maybe how you see it.

I see it as I sold my car on terms that worked for both the buyer and seller. I was on the "cars for sale" section looking to see what GNX's sell for. There is a world of different between telling someone that called or e-mailed about your car, that your on the fence about selling it or you will think about the terms offered and answering a direct question about the car and then making the trip to see something different. In the case of Maserati if the little red transmission light is on you have a problem. Its really hard to miss even if it comes and goes.So the guy hoped it would stay off during the test ride. It didn't I was lucky or maybe it was... Well, you know what they say "What goes around comes around"

I see it as I sold my car on terms that worked for both the buyer and seller. I was on the "cars for sale" section looking to see what GNX's sell for. There is a world of different between telling someone that called or e-mailed about your car, that your on the fence about selling it or you will think about the terms offered and answering a direct question about the car and then making the trip to see something different. In the case of Maserati if the little red transmission light is on you have a problem. Its really hard to miss even if it comes and goes.So the guy hoped it would stay off during the test ride. It didn't I was lucky or maybe it was... Well, you know what they say "What goes around comes around"

Justify away:rolleyes: Sounds like you paid your dues to the karma police:biggrin: Man that didn't take long.

One thing I know for sure

Those GNX's are a $$$$. Good lord! wish I would have purchased one years ago. If I do find a good car and a buyer that's "on the fence" after listing it for sale, I'm going to chuch of karma and ask to be forgiven lol

I've no CLUE, as to why you're not over at his house, beating him senseless, for trying to steal from you... People are sure lucky you're a level headed guy... And that guy's lucky he didn't try that with me..

I've lived and learned. It was my fault for taking something at face value. Thank God he didn't get a penny from me. He did have Jack Cotton come get his car out of my driveway though.
And to the people in this thread I pissed off I apologize I was quite infuriated at the time all of this was going on. That car needs to be parted out or need a complete refab.

I've lived and learned. It was my fault for taking something at face value. Thank God he didn't get a penny from me. He did have Jack Cotton come get his car out of my driveway though.
And to the people in this thread I pissed off I apologize I was quite infuriated at the time all of this was going on. That car needs to be parted out or need a complete refab.

hey man glad you didn't get burnt. i buy cars sight unseen all the time. i feel like a lot can be told from pictures, detailed pictures. there are a lot of naysayers on these boards who prevented me from buying a car which i wish that i had bought in retrospect. fact is, it's a little risky buying a car unseen. but it's worked out well for me sometimes, and not so well other times. either way, 10k should buy you an AWESOME car. i would try to stay away from T tops, unless you really want them. you can get a REALLY nice t top car for $8500. be patient and keep looking you'll find a nice one! good luck!!

i learned a lesson,always go and look at the car even if the seller and other people on the board tell you it is mint.others idea of mint may be different from yours.

I bought my GN when I was in Iraq. But The seller gave a good description of the problems(non-running) rusty floors. And I had a simi-competent buddy look it over when it arrived. But I did cash on delivery. If it were a peice of crap, the seller wasn't getting paid.
But to ask 10k for that is just crazy. However you're a bigger man than I because that car would be in pieces and on the parts for sale section already.
Good luck on the next try.

i have a nice gn for u it needs some tlc but for the money i want it a good buy hi 8s give me a call 609 672 8311 my name is nick if u r still looking n some parts go with it

Exactly what I was thinking! Wow! Did those pics ever make that car look good! I would have to say alot has changed since that show in 2008:eek:

Hey, Bigcap! I bet if you used some reflective hand photography technology the car would be just fine!! LOL!! What do you think TY?

Thought I'd post them here for you so everyone can have a side by side comparison.

I was there and participated at the NEBRA show last fall ('08) with my GN, and I clearly remember seeing that car! From a distance it looked pretty good...but the more you got closer, the more you started noticing all kinds of things that were wrong...F:wink: unnily, the thing I remember the most was that there was some paint on the mouldings that are on the rear door posts which go up to meet the t-tops...as if they didn't go through the trouble of removing them or at least taping them prior to painting the car...:rolleyes: Also, I saw the very same car at New England Dragway in Epping, NH just the day before!...Here's a picture I took of the car that day...

Claude.

Good you caught on time. But be careful you took delivery of a car and if I am not mistaken he didn't get paid. He can take you to court. Scammed or not it happened to my friend he bought a car sight unseen. Car wasn't as described he stop payment on check then seller took him to court and he had to pay to get the car back to him and a little extra. The courts told him you should have seen the car before buying it. Needless to say he was out almost 2 grand

He basicly paid for shipping the car twice and a little extra. Just be Carefule.