All Florida Turbo Regal/TTA Owners Sign in here

just came over ford new owner of 84 GN will be out of shop sat let,s see what it,s like tobe a GM owner orlando FL will some one please email me about clubs in area quiona@aol.com

vader, answer to your ???

vader, i am dan boden, i live in jax now and am in the navy, i will be here for a few years at least, i have a 87 GN with all basic mods and te44 with homemade FM, i have gone to jax raceway once and didnt do to bad for total street trim
street racing around here has been pretty lame from what i found, i live in manderin so going to the north side to find races is kinda a trek....as for you...i am not sure where calahan is...i assume thats up toward GA somewhere
i would have to say i think me and kendall frederick are the most active GN/internet people in jax...you can find me on #turbobuick, and #buickgn most of the time
later
dan

Tyler, the racing is not lame you just have to know where to look. Go out to AE on Saturdays and follow everybody out to Pritchard Rd or wherever they decide to go and youll be happy.

Originally posted by Vader 87
Tyler, the racing is not lame you just have to know where to look. Go out to AE on Saturdays and follow everybody out to Pritchard Rd or wherever they decide to go and youll be happy.

That's for you single guys...I can't stay up until 4 AM anymore. :)

OK...consider this my "check-in" as well.

Kendall Frederick
Orange Park, FL (just south of Jacksonville)
Hey, I'll even list my cars:
72 Corvette
86 Rosewood T-Type
87 GN (soon to be for sale)
89 Ranger (it refuses to die)
97 Regal GS

Finally got my old screen name working.:D Checking in from Boynton Beach. (just south of West Palm)

Hey! No one else from Tallahassee??!?!?! I guess that makes me the fastest guy in the capitol city! Well, that is, if you don't count the guy here with the 9-sec 86GN. And if you don't count the guy with the GN powered TR-7 that will be running soon. And if you.... well you get the picture. I do have the second fastest car that will be street raced here. There is some punk that owns NRG racing(Home of the "Thin line between rice and race" shirts. YUK!). He has a Supra with a single turbo conversion. Supposedly he can run 10's, but the only time I've witnessed him run, it was a joke. He was trying to build boost on the line and broke the tires loose before they launched. He did eventually overtake the 13sec . rustang he was running against, but I'll get 'em. We have a local owners registry with around 15 guys on it, but some are in PC, Ocala, Woodville, etc. I only see around 3-4 GN's a week and no T-Type/T cars. Roy West and another guy have some GNX's and there are 2 Syclones here as well. The only other T-Type in town is owned by a doctor and he had it turned into a rag top. That's right, a convertible 86 T-Type. I have seen a Drk Blue 'T' here when students are in town, but only twice and that was a few years back. We do however have a decent bit of hot-air cars. I've seen a '79 Turbo Sport Coupe on the road lately that looks to be in really nice shape. Anyways, to those of you who have actually read all of this, Later!

BTW: If you see a White T-Type in Tally, it's really really fast! :p

AE racing (for vader)

last i checked AE has been run out by the cops...yesterday i was playing around with a mustang and told me to meet him at pecan park on friday nite...came to find out thats the road the track is on :p so i guess test and tune is now open on friday nites at jax raceways...i talked to kendall and he wants to head up there soon...so maybe we can all get together there....
dan

Jax here

Im in Jax on this end:D

hey what night are yall talking about going to jax.

tuesday is test and tune, was out there a few weks ago the track is in bad shape no traction all the way down the track made two passes then parked it, they did alot of work on it and made it worst then it was but i will go its always fun

Speed' here from Orlando area. Whoever mentioned that mailing list, can you put me on it?

Originally posted by COPTZR
Hey! No one else from Tallahassee??!?!?! I guess that makes me the fastest guy in the capitol city! We have a local owners registry with around 15 guys on it, but some are in PC, Ocala, Woodville, etc. I only see around 3-4 GN's a week and no T-Type/T cars.
BTW: If you see a White T-Type in Tally, it's really really fast! :p

Hey COPTZR,
I am not in Tallahassee, but about a hour & half away. I am real close to & work in Panama City. Where's the track @ in Tallahassee? Or the track name? I cruise over that way once every few months. Seems like a pretty cool town. I would love to check out the racing scene there. I see 2 GN's & 1 T-Type (mine) running around PC, but that's it.
Later ~Tonya~

jax area

As I sit in my junk room typing this I am about 200 yds from the atlantic ocean. live in Atlantic beach fla.

HAVING FUN IN MY BEGAL!

Originally posted by Tonya83T

Hey COPTZR,
I am not in Tallahassee, but about a hour & half away. I am real close to & work in Panama City. Where's the track @ in Tallahassee? Or the track name
Later ~Tonya~

Well Tonya, there isn't exactly a track here. We have to go down to Gainesville or up to Albany. I know a bunch of eighth mile racers that go to Albany. If you're interested in getting up with us when we go, let me know. I believe there's a track nearer to you than that. It should be somewhere between PC and Marianna, but I'm not real sure on that as I've not been there. How about Emerald Coast? Does the power house have a dragstrip? I can very easily find out if you want. As for street racing, we meet at the sonic on the west end of town(across form the Wal-Mart off 90) on tues. I won't be there for another couple of weeks because I'm running into some problems getting my engine back together. I was riding up there with a buddy of mine, but everyone keeps ragging on me about not bringing my car, so I've decided to wait until it's finished to return. When they do go race, they usually drive out to coon-bottom, or helen cross guard station(Bloxham). Occasionally some really fast cars will show up, and on even rarer occasions, they'll run. However, it generally consists of a bunch of 14-15 sec import wonders, and few 13 sec nitroused rustangs and integs, and no more than 8 cars that are actually what our people would call fast. There are two imports that can probably run 11's. I've not witnessed it, but of all the rice crap that's there, they have the best chance. One is a SupraTT with a single turbo conversion(T-7) and the other is a turbo integra with a japanese engine conversion. Both claim to be pushing only around 8-12psi:rolleyes: but from what one guy that has ridin with them says, it's more like 28-32. Anyway, I have blabbed on more than enough to answer your question, so I'll stop typing.

Thanks for the info COPTZR. Power House does have a drag strip. There are a few around here. I go to Dothan & Holt occasionally too. I hear there is a few more. One closer to Marianna. Next time I head over your way I'll give ya a shout & maybe check out the street racing scene. BTW...My favorite track in this area is in Commerce GA. I go there as often as I can. :D
Later ~Tonya~