Alky malfunction

1BAD_GN

1BAD_GN
Alky doesn't come on with boost. If I turn key on and press the test button I can here pump engage, also if the car is running it will stumble when u press test. That leaves me to believe that pump is functional. The problem is while driving alky is not engaging when it reaches 12psi of boost. The indicator light doesn't come on while driving, but it comes on when test button is pressed.

I'm lost on this one

Alky doesn't come on with boost. If I turn key on and press the test button I can here pump engage, also if the car is running it will stumble when u press test. That leaves me to believe that pump is functional. The problem is while driving alky is not engaging when it reaches 12psi of boost. The indicator light doesn't come on while driving, but it comes on when test button is pressed.

I'm lost on this one
Give Razor a call he can talk you through the problem. John

Sounds like you lost the map signal. Check where the green wire is tapped onto the map circuit.

Rick

Check voltage at the map sensor signal wire. Should be about 1.65v key on engine off at sea level with the GM 3 bar style map sensor

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Or hose to 3 bar... or power(5v) to gray wire on map sensor..

Or hose to 3 bar... or power(5v) to gray wire on map sensor..
Finally got new MAP sensor on and made a test run. The indicator bulb began to turn a faint red as car was coming into boost around 12psi. This lets me know that the new sensor is reading boost but also leads me to believe that I still have a problem. I thought the bulb was supposed to turn green once past 12psi.

If it goes red at 7 psi
Map is working
Going green is a function of pressure exceeding 50 psi
If it's a single nozzle kit, gain on position 8.. Engine running .. Push and hold the test button should go red to green

If it goes red at 7 psi
Map is working
If it's a single nozzle kit, gain on position 8.. Engine running .. Push and hold the test button should go red to green
In that case I'm okay. It's a single nozzle kit, and I'm running 21psi. Thanks a million

In that case I'm okay. It's a single nozzle kit, and I'm running 21psi. Thanks a million
Did the test and light turned green with dial on 8.

Took car out and made test pass and ally kit didn't generate enough pressure to get green light. I don't think pump is spraying because O2's drop to 730 on 3rd gear pull

If it goes red at 7 psi
Map is working

Did the test and light turned green with dial on 8.

Took car out and made test pass and ally kit didn't generate enough pressure to get green light. I don't think pump is spraying because O2's drop to 730 on 3rd gear pull

Did you leave knob on 8 when you did your test, if so should have gone green

Did you leave knob on 8 when you did your test, if so should have gone green
I turned know back to 6 when I made a pull.

Sitting stationary with foot on the accelerator and dial on 8 light turned green. Sorry to keep bothering you brother but this one has me confused.

I turned know back to 6 when I made a pull.

Sitting stationary with foot on the accelerator and dial on 8 light turned green. Sorry to keep bothering you brother but this one has me confused.
Leave it on 8 please and test. If it goes green when you go into boost and your O2's crash down.. then you fuel pump/fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator are at fault.

When you monitor fuel pressure, it needs to be under load. Get a gauge with a long hose and put it by the windshield. The gauges on the fuel rail are a waste of time as you can't see them when motor is needing fuel/under load. Only tells you that you have enough to run the motor.

Leave it on 8 please and test. If it goes green when you go into boost and your O2's crash down.. then you fuel pump/fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator are at fault.

When you monitor fuel pressure, it needs to be under load. Get a gauge with a long hose and put it by the windshield. The gauges on the fuel rail are a waste of time as you can't see them when motor is needing fuel/under load. Only tells you that you have enough to run the motor.

Got the problem resolved. Kit is now functioning again. The replacement sensor is purchased was bad as well. Put a 3rd map sensor on and now kit is performing perfectly. Thanks for the help.