Alky kit hiding the injector hose?

wheelin

Any buddy have some pics of a stealth alky install hiding the hose for a clean look?

thx mike

many ways, but usually any hiding has consequences whether its in the process of install or servicing the engine.

Stealthiest I have seen has been a nozzle in the back of the intake under the coil pack area and a solenoid to shut it off. Second to that was a nozzle on the front mount IC end tank under the core support area. Both of these cases required pulling those parts of the car to install the nozzle. So a simple 10 minute nozzle install turns into a day long project.

On a stock turbo/IC car.. you can put the nozzle on the silicone coupler that connects the up-pipe to the TB on the bottom by the IAC motor, and run the hose behind the turbo cover by the oil feed line and underneath the lower radator hose. Using black heat loom for protecting the hose.

Hard to take pictures when things are purposely hidden.

many ways, but usually any hiding has consequences whether its in the process of install or servicing the engine.

Stealthiest I have seen has been a nozzle in the back of the intake under the coil pack area and a solenoid to shut it off. Second to that was a nozzle on the front mount IC end tank under the core support area. Both of these cases required pulling those parts of the car to install the nozzle. So a simple 10 minute nozzle install turns into a day long project.

On a stock turbo/IC car.. you can put the nozzle on the silicone coupler that connects the up-pipe to the TB on the bottom by the IAC motor, and run the hose behind the turbo cover by the oil feed line and underneath the lower radator hose. Using black heat loom for protecting the hose.

thx Razor!

I'm now confused. Wouldn't putting the nozzle in the FMIC cause the alky to fall out of suspension and puddle? I do like the nozzle in the back of the manifold idea though.

Huh??? Put the nozzle where?? I'm lost... You screw a metal nozzle into a 3mm thick piece of rubber? What'd I miss :confused:

All I know is, there's an '86 gn runnin around here with a system that is pretty hidden. It has the hose, that looks like black vac line, plugged into the backside of his up pipe, torward the bottome, with the nozzle painted flat black as well. It's very hidden. The alcohol is in his wiper solvent jug, and looks just like windshield wiper solvent too. It's a good gig.
That, with a TA 49, rusted mild steel 3" thdp, and a dutt neck done the right way, and the competition won't know what hit 'em.

I think when razor said

...you can put the nozzle on the silicone coupler that connects the up-pipe to the TB on the bottom by the IAC motor...

he meant

...you can put the nozzle on the silicone coupler that connects the up-pipe to the TB on the bottom by the IAC motor...

As a side note my alky system is hidden completely out of site under my hood!:D

Huh??? Put the nozzle where?? I'm lost... You screw a metal nozzle into a 3mm thick piece of rubber? What'd I miss :confused:

Here's the nozzle into a hose pic

HTH

Attachments

• Supra nozzle in hose SS shims.jpg
    Supra nozzle in hose SS shims.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 342
So, that seals?? really?

Has a washer on the inside and a washer on the outside of a reinforced hose. So why wouldnt it. :redface:

A better solution is just installing the nozzle into the metal up-pipe and not having to second guess the procedure. But that doesnt hide it :eek:

You can, on the upper section of the pipe. Not by the outlet of the IC.