Alky injection on stock engine?

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
I have been looking around, and have seen a few people say it is a good first mod. I put in an 87 engine(complete with stock IC), afpr, hot wire kit, walbro in tank pump, scanmaster, adj. wastegate, K&N fitler, fuel gauge, and boost/vacuum gauge. Can I add this along with a TT chip, and turn up the boost and really get it moving? Would that get the car into the 12's?

With traction, 12s should be no problem. If you've got the basic mods out of the way (Sounds like you do), no reason you cant add methanol injection.

Ok, so you think get an alky kit, and get a chip and I should be good? I dont really know a lot about alky injection, this is why im asking. I have just heard that it really helps. Also, what kind of boost could I run safely, but still close to the max? And will the stock fuel injectors be sufficient for now?

if you get a kit from razor and a Turbo Tweak chip you should be good. However how fast do you want to go in the long run? The stock injector will only take you so far. Then your INJ. duty cycle will take you to your limit. I would look at upgrading injectors as well if you have the money. you can get the 60's which will work from a stock motor all the way up to a heavy modded motor. With that being said how much boost can you run? not sure. we would have to see where your injector duty cycle is at with the stock injectors.

Also dont be scared about alky injection its simple. Razor has a proven easy setup.

if you get a kit from razor and a Turbo Tweak chip you should be good. However how fast do you want to go in the long run? The stock injector will only take you so far. Then your INJ. duty cycle will take you to your limit. I would look at upgrading injectors as well if you have the money. you can get the 60's which will work from a stock motor all the way up to a heavy modded motor. With that being said how much boost can you run? not sure. we would have to see where your injector duty cycle is at with the stock injectors.

Also dont be scared about alky injection its simple. Razor has a proven easy setup.

I maxed out a set of stock injectors without alky on 15 lbs of boost. I don't think they will support a stock turbo on 20+ lbs

Im sure the alky kit and the stock injectors could get him to 20+ psi, but the condition of the injectors is questionable. I would at least send them to Chuck Leeper and have them cleaned and flowed if you really want to keep the stock injectors. I would go with an Alkycontrol Kit from made by Razor, the 60lb ers and an alky chip combo from Turbo Tweak.

I put 60lb'ers on my basically otherwise stock T the idle improved.

Back in the day, plenty of people ran 12s with stock injectors. Ive even seen a few people sneak into the 11s with them. These days, most people seem to think you need 60# injectors to run 12s.

Back in the day, plenty of people ran 12s with stock injectors. Ive even seen a few people sneak into the 11s with them. These days, most people seem to think you need 60# injectors to run 12s.

yup !!!! wifes stock TTA ran in the 11s @ 114(from what my old brain remembers) .. ahhhh the good ol days :biggrin:

yup !!!! wifes stock TTA ran in the 11s @ 114(from what my old brain remembers) .. ahhhh the good ol days :biggrin:

Would YOU try going that fast on stock injectors 20+ years later? Does your wife know half of the "bad things" you did to her car?:p

Would YOU try going that fast on stock injectors 20+ years later? Does your wife know half of the "bad things" you did to her car?:p

yup..as long as I had NO KNOCK :p Wife drove the car just like I did . Thats why we bought it!! :biggrin:

I maxed out a set of stock injectors without alky on 15 lbs of boost. I don't think they will support a stock turbo on 20+ lbs

The fastest stock turbo car was Ed Brewers. He ran 009 injectors and my alky kit. Based on his injector duty cycle when his 11.3 at 116 run was performed, he could have gotten away with stock injectors. His boost 1st gear was like 27-28 PSI on the stock turbo and was 23 PSI end of the track.

That kit can make up 20%+ of the fueling. So those stockers end up being like 36lb'rs

Now the stock fuel pump.. thats another story :eek:

I ran a best of 12.39 on my original injectors last year. Pump gas and a Razor's kit. With the 009s I went 11.98 on the stock turbo.

Now with the 50s and TE-62 I went a best of 11.48@115 with it going pig rich at the top end. Still gotta figure that out. 110K mile original 109 motor.

12.60 @ 109 mph

back in 1995 my gn went 12.60 @ 109 mph with a ajust. wastegate and cam 2 race fuel with a red armstrong 108 chip on stock street tires through the exhaust! boost was right at 20 psi mid 12s will be very easy to accomplish being close to stock