Alcohol or Minimum 100 Octane

SAVE YOUR MONEY FROM BUYING RACE GAS AND HAVE A SPARE SET OF M/T DRAG RADIALS AROUND BECAUSE THEY WORK AS GOOD AS THE ALKY CONTROL KIT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Right you are

After the alky system, I can't go anywhere without the drag radials!
Don't believe there is a problem here...

Ttype6 said:
Running alcohol and 91-94 unleaded (on the street) is as close as you can get to living in a world where every gas station has c16. As Super 6 put it,when you're cruising the streets and run out of racing gas you have to go home because you can't buy it anywhere. A forced induction gasoline engine (on the street) without alcohol injection is an incomplete package.
Nice post. Yeah, why would anyone want to get caught with their pants down? I dont and never will. Your car should make the same power on the street as it does anywhere else. I love it when someone says they went quick with low boost. They say it because they know they cant crank it or they will break it. When they say that ask them why they didnt crank it and wait for the excuses. You wont hear them from us that run meth. We always run high boost.

Flipmo, you have one badd ride and should run both alky and the 100 oct. You probably don't drive the car a ton of miles so its probably worth the extra insurance to run the better gas along with the alky kit.

I want zero chance of detonation on the new motor, so just in case the alky kit forgets its call of duty, I am running 5 gallons of 110 unleaded ( $3.89 a gallon :D ) just to make sure its running on 100 oct as a fail safe. No more rebuilds for a while here.

pacecarta said:
on the 86 i run on basically 93 with a splash of 112 but looks like ill be trying some alky on that soon if razor gets any faster :)

Thats almost what I run.... 93 with about a gallon and a half of 110 Sunoco Blue. That way it dont kill my O2 sensors off so fast. -Tim

What actual type of alcohol are these kits running and where is a good place to purchase it?

Lots of talk about Sunoco 110 and 100 unleaded. I had a bad experience with the 110 Sunoco. It turned by plugs completely brown. I called Sunoco tech on two occassions and both techs said that the 110 has an additive that the 100 does not and they both highly recommend the 100 for street or strip and the brown was from the additive that they use.
Again, that was what I was told. Since I changed to the 100 car runs better and plugs are no longer brown.