akron oh mechanic

ryan george

Can anyone recommend a turbo buick mechanic in the akron oh area? I've pissed with this car all summer after installing new turbo, dp, injectors, etc and just can't get it to run right. I was told one of the things I need is a cam sensor adjustment. I just put on a casper's cam cap. I think the directions to set the cam sensor are a little more than I can do with pulling the ic, serpentine belt, etc. Just thoroughly frustrated and love this car, but I'm about ready to sell it after 15 years.

I would help BUT.

I am in Central Illinois. I have in laws in Toledo area though. I will be there for Christmas?

Can anyone recommend a turbo buick mechanic in the akron oh area? I've pissed with this car all summer after installing new turbo, dp, injectors, etc and just can't get it to run right. I was told one of the things I need is a cam sensor adjustment. I just put on a casper's cam cap. I think the directions to set the cam sensor are a little more than I can do with pulling the ic, serpentine belt, etc. Just thoroughly frustrated and love this car, but I'm about ready to sell it after 15 years.

Two options - post some more specific data with your car's problems and someone on the board may be able to help you, or contact these folks and they may be able to refer you to a good local TR mechanic: Weberracing.net - Weber Racing Equipment Inc.

I know there is a guy in Akron area.......just can't think of his name right now. He does work out of his house and know a ton about these cars......call Weber Racing. The guys first name is Frank.

thanks!

Thanks guys. Got a PM from a good vendor on this board in the area that asked that I call and said he could recommend a couple guys in the area. Very thankful at this point.:smile:

We can help you if you need some help.

You are welcome to call me.

Jim PLiss

330 807 5627

216 403 9741

I am out in rittman and work on these cars alot. If you need refernces I can provide.

Man dude, you are 1 lucky SOB...

Vince Janis is RIGHT THERE!!! He is on Kenmore Blvd right there in Akron Ohio.

Give him a call at 330-753-6609 and he will take very good care of you. Nicest guy you would ever want to meet and will take all the time in the world to please you. Plus, he knows his STUFF!!.

* PS. I will even put my name on the line on this one. Feel free to contact me if needed and like I said, I will stand behind this reccomendation.
Bruce
WE4

Bruce
WE4
Performance Transmission Services

I tried earlier in the summer! He's even worked on my car before! Just before Nationals he said he'd give my name and number to someone and have them contact me. Nada...

I just spoke with him about you not 5 minutes ago

I tried earlier in the summer! He's even worked on my car before! Just before Nationals he said he'd give my name and number to someone and have them contact me. Nada...

I told him I was posting this to you and to be aware so when you called he knew where it came from. He said "no problem"
Give him a call right now at 330-753-6609 and he is there.
I would think you would want to call him , not him call you but he is an awesome dude and honest as hell. What more could you ask for? He is willing to help. Give him a call right now.

Later and have a great holiday weekend.
Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

I know there is a guy in Akron area.......just can't think of his name right now. He does work out of his house and know a ton about these cars......call Weber Racing. The guys first name is Frank.
Frank Parvin.

There's a lot of fast TRs and resources for the cars in Ohio.

Vinceis the BEST on trannys...call Frank Parvin for engine work...he lives outside of the Akron Ohio area...330 area code..if you can't find his phone number PM me and I'll send it to you...if you still need it.

Butch

My tranny was done by vince a few years back, 1 HELL OF A TRANNY GUY!!! Then vince gave it to PARVIN for some valve springs and other engine stuff, BOTH REAL GOOD GUYS. I met them through a local guy Ray Royer.

I have personally never used Vince but have had a few cars in the shop with his trans. I can say that none of them ever had an issue and they worked quite well.

If you need to do a tranny please feel free to call me and we can look at getting him to do one for you. Our trans guys has been building these for years and has a good reputation. My personal trans has been working for years behind a high 10 car and we have been low 10's reliably.

If you would like feel free to call us. 330 807 5627