After putting it off for years, finally got a lift in the garage.

Brad Zeidler

I always kept saying it had to wait, other things to get and bills come first. Well, it finally happened! I told the wife I can't do this stuff on the floor anymore. After this winter which really has sucked and I've had no motivation to get out in the garage I've done more since Tuesday than I think I've done since November. I put my Turismo up on the lift and I've already accomplished 2 repairs that would've sucked on the floor just because any bodywork is tedious and time consuming for me. It sure helps to have it at the right height to work on. I repaire the really nasty cracks in the front bumper cover and blacked out the "grille" area and then decided to tackle the rusty lower pass. quarter. First the bumper...

Attachments

• Photo0082.jpg
    Photo0082.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Photo0083.jpg
    Photo0083.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Photo0085.jpg
    Photo0085.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 329
  • Photo0086.jpg
    Photo0086.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 330
And the quarter panel....I had to choose between either 16 or 22ga sheetmetal at Menards so I bought one of each. I decided to use the 16 ga. I just felt the 22 was too flimsy, sure would've been nice to have either 18 or 20ga. Man that 16 was a little stiffer than I first thought. Oh well, I know it has some steel on the bottom of the panel now.

Attachments

• Photo0075.jpg
    Photo0075.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Photo0087.jpg
    Photo0087.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Photo0089.jpg
    Photo0089.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 322
  • Photo0091.jpg
    Photo0091.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Photo0092.jpg
    Photo0092.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 320
kewl.... the right tools and equipment always make things easier.... one day i am gonna get a lift too.... dont think i have the room now.... or the money for that matter...lol:eek:

Nice. How much did that lift set you back? And the anchor bolts in the cement, do you just drill a hole and screw the bolts in? Or do you have to bust up the cement and install the bolts with the threads up and then pour in new cement?

Looks similar to the lift I have....mine I believe was around $2,200, Need a 12 foot ceiling to make it fit...

Other advantage is come winter you can stash a car under the car on the lift. The style he got allows full clearance under the car which is like mine as well.

Lifts have gotten cheaper last few years probably due to competition and more collector customers buying them.

Even though I am not a mechanic its a great asset to have beats bending over at my age to do certian things.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

$2199.14 installed. Actually it is a 12' post lift but I have 10' ceilings. The top of the lift is between the rafters. I either just use common sense or they showed me what I need to modify to the limit switch that stops the max height it raises the car. I can still fit the Shelby Charger underneath the turismo(same cars basically). Sure, I won't be able to raise my van or pickup all the way up but I can still go a lot higher than my jackstands ever could.

Pretty good price! Nice lift, I am jealous! One day...

Not in this house, I would have to raise the floor in my sons room about 3'... :)

Which Brand and How Installed

Nice. How much did that lift set you back? And the anchor bolts in the cement, do you just drill a hole and screw the bolts in? Or do you have to bust up the cement and install the bolts with the threads up and then pour in new cement?

I would also like to know. I will be building a barn this summer and a lift is on my list.

Which brand is it? Any reason to choose that brand? Was it retrofitted to the floor with anchors or all the way through the floor?

You need a minimum 4" of concrete, and all they do is drill the holes for the anchors, stick'em in and tightn them down once the posts and crossbar on top are inplace. So when they pour the cement for your shed make sure you tell them you'd like 4"+ in the area the lift will be installed.

JEALOUS!!!

HAHAH ... very cool. I will definately have one someday.

Pretty cool about the 10' ceilings too ... how hard is it to raise the roof 2-4' if you live in a ranch type house? ---

It's definitely a back and knee saver. Unfortunately this week I've been doing tile in the family room so my knees are still killing me. AARRRGGGGHHHH! Although I've been getting a little work done in between. I'm almost finished with the quarter panel repair. I'll wet sand and buff it Sunday, let the paint cure real nice before I hit it.

Attachments

• Photo0095.jpg
    Photo0095.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Photo0096.jpg
    Photo0096.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo0097.jpg
    Photo0097.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 80