After market fuel pump

nickygn23

Maybe a dumb question. How can you tell if you have a after market fuel pump without dropping the tank? I hear it buzzing even when full. That leads me to believe its after market because I doubt stock buzzes like that. Reason why Im asking is because I might be going bigger than stock on my injectors.
Thanks

I'm a new guy but I'm thinking you will have to drop the tank to determine whats in there.

Does your car have a Hotwire Kit installed? If so, the chances of having an upgraded pump are probably pretty good. Perform a fuel pressure test & see if your fuel supply is adequate.

~JM~

fuel pump

I was trying to find out if there was a way without dropping the tank. Guess I'm going to have to. Don't see a hotwire conenction to the battery but I'll look again
. I quess some detective work is in order.

Thanks

I'm a new guy but I'm thinking you will have to drop the tank to determine whats in there.

Does your car have a Hotwire Kit installed? If so, the chances of having an upgraded pump are probably pretty good. Perform a fuel pressure test & see if your fuel supply is adequate.

~JM~

Maybe a dumb question. How can you tell if you have a after market fuel pump without dropping the tank? I hear it buzzing even when full. That leads me to believe its after market because I doubt stock buzzes like that.

mines stock and buzz's pretty loud.

I was trying to find out if there was a way without dropping the tank. Guess I'm going to have to. Don't see a hotwire conenction to the battery but I'll look again
. I quess some detective work is in order.

Thanks

The hotwire would be attached to the alternator. Should be a fuse there too. Stock buzzes a lot.

Thanks guys. Nothing attached to the alternator. Stock fuel pump it is.Thanks for the help.