adding power locks and trunk release??

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
My car never had power locks or trunk release..

I have the switches in the door panels (not the original panels) and have the wiring and the actuators.....my question is how does the actuator Rod hook into the existing setup???? am I missing a piece??

Also...does the trunk release mount to the original latch setup, or do I need a different latch?? if anyone has pics of how that mounts, that would be awesome!!! Thank You!

My car never had power locks or trunk release..

I have the switches in the door panels (not the original panels) and have the wiring and the actuators.....my question is how does the actuator Rod hook into the existing setup???? am I missing a piece??

Also...does the trunk release mount to the original latch setup, or do I need a different latch?? if anyone has pics of how that mounts, that would be awesome!!! Thank You!

I cant help you with the power locks. Sorry.

The power trunk release is easy to do. I did mine in my WH-1 several years ago. The solenoid simply bolted to the trunk latch with a bolt. Then you just run the wire up to the dash.

In my WH-1, I put the button down below the steering column. It was easiest at the time. Now for my GN, Ive got the factory bracket that bolts behind the glove box on the left side of the latch. Then you just wire it up.

I just got all the stuff I needed from Brian @ GBodyParts.

Hope this helps.

Scott

The truck lock switch
mounts to the bracket with a bolt this also grounds the unit. you will need to run one wire to the glove box to mount the switch and then splice it to a constant 12vt maybe use the lighter? Some cars have been know to have the wire in place already just no locking mech or button. Reason was that the
factory line ran from the glove box along the front fire wall and along the driverside to the back of the car. With the wire there option was easy to add. Where the mechanism mounts you will have to break the tab off of the
truck latch so the pin can push the lever back that opens the trunk. Maybe somebody has a picture to show you?? Anyway very easy to do all this. Good luck.

thanks for the help guys, I figured out that little tab needed to be removed, thats what was confusing me...piece of cake after that. I'm mounting the button in the ashtray w/ one of those slick ashtray switchplates.

If anyone has any input on the power locks let me know.....I have the switches and the actuators...hope there arent any relays needed???? I was looking through my service manuals I have and seen some wiring diagrams, hope I can just hook the switches up to the actuators???

If anyone has any input on the power locks let me know.....I have the switches and the actuators...hope there arent any relays needed???? I was looking through my service manuals I have and seen some wiring diagrams, hope I can just hook the switches up to the actuators???

The factory harness is more complex than you might guess
it has a relay block near the ECM. Better seek out a wiring diagram.