Acid Attack Or hospital Visit??

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Today i expierienced something exeptionally wierd. I had sharp stabbing pains in my upper abdominal region or upper stomach. I havent eaten much today. For breakfast I had a few donuts from Krispy Kreme, a small and a small 50 cent bag of chips from the gas station. After I ate a donut from KK, I started to feel this pain that almost put me on the floor... I tried to fight the pain off for about an hour till I took some anti nausea and some antacids that made me feel a little bit better (and a pack of spearamint gum helped) but later that/this night The pain starter to come back pretty bad, i cant sleep, I cant eat, i can lay on my stomach, all i can do is just sit here in Pain.... My mom had an acid attack the day after Xmas last year that put her in the ER for a few hours, and Ive been under alot of stress the last few days. I think i took care of what was stressing me out as well and I also thought that the relieving of the stress could be causing the pain as well.

Sometimes (rarely at night) ill have like a few stabbing pains, but not often this was the first real crippling pain ive had. I also heard that alcahol could cause this, and i had a Small amount last night on an empty stomach... (YES I know:rolleyes:) My mom is telling me that Im having a slight acid attack, the internet is telling me that i need half of my organs removed or a doctors Visit (WTF:confused::confused:) and my wallet is telling me I cant afford to go... and to just tough it out to see if it stops although the internet was telling me this could last as long as 6 months...

no other symptoms, just Crippling upper left abdominal pain... :frown:

while i'm not a licensed doctor....

here are some hints:
gallbladder,
pancreas getting inflamed from the glabladder,

now don't bother asking my how i know, i had my gallbladder removed on thursday and was married the following tuesday. i didn't have to do much work on the wedding night;)

it could also be:
kidney stone
aneryism
herpes
liver damage

you should get it checked out, and it may take a few visits.EDIT (i had 3 ER visits tell me it was freakin heartburn, it wasn't) most of the organs in the upper left abdomin are needed, can't be easily transplanted, and in my case - the pain only got much worse.

damn, i wish i had the money to be able to go to medical school.

also, google "pain in upper left abdomin for men"

Have you tried rolaids or tums,I ate some pears yrs ago that did just what you are explaining + it was absolutely killing me,rolaids did the trick,+ then a couple hours later i had to take some more, + it went away again,+ the next day it was gone.
It's def worth a try, it could be trapped gas,or like you said acid.
if it worked some before for you then maybe you just need more,I'm no doctor so take it for what it's worth. good luck.If that doesn't work or pepto bismol doesn't then maybe the emergency room is a good idea,you never know when it might be something serious.
sometimes milk or ice cream,will help too or just putting food in your stomach can help,
It doesn't sound like you had alot of food by what you explained.
good luck

oh...
if it goes away, and then in about a month you have the same pain. it is probablly the gallbladder inflaming the pancreas. that was what happened to me. for about 6-7 months, everytime i went to the ER, by the time i had waited in the waiting room, everything was back to normal on the ultrasounds, only on the last 2 visits did i get to the back in time for them to catch it. that's why i say, you may get dianosied with acid reflux falsly for a time or 2.

while this isn't going to imeadiatly kill you, if that is what is happening, then it does increase your chances for developing pancreatic cancer OR having your pancreas give you pain and problems from any little trigger. (ex. mexican food, pain meds, tomato acid.)

and drinking milk is a good advice also. i just had a complete shoulder replaced, i'm on some heavy pain meds, i make a milkshake to take them with, or to drink during the day, just to keep my stomach from burning sometimes.

they need to put spellcheck on here, it's too early.

i hope it is acid reflux, but what i describe above is pretty common.

If you have to ask on a car forum, you need to go see the doctor.

Same thing happened (asking on a forum) and by the end of the day, the gentleman was no longer with us.

I had the same symptoms when I heard vin diesel was going to be driving a grand national in a fast and furious movie

You might want to look at what you ate.Two donuts and a bag of chips is not doing the body any good:rolleyes:

Kevin

oh...
if it goes away, and then in about a month you have the same pain. it is probablly the gallbladder inflaming the pancreas. that was what happened to me. for about 6-7 months, everytime i went to the ER, by the time i had waited in the waiting room, everything was back to normal on the ultrasounds, only on the last 2 visits did i get to the back in time for them to catch it. that's why i say, you may get dianosied with acid reflux falsly for a time or 2.

while this isn't going to imeadiatly kill you, if that is what is happening, then it does increase your chances for developing pancreatic cancer OR having your pancreas give you pain and problems from any little trigger. (ex. mexican food, pain meds, tomato acid.)

and drinking milk is a good advice also. i just had a complete shoulder replaced, i'm on some heavy pain meds, i make a milkshake to take them with, or to drink during the day, just to keep my stomach from burning sometimes.

they need to put spellcheck on here, it's too early.

i hope it is acid reflux, but what i describe above is pretty common.

you know what, a doctors visit is in order... Im going to see if the pain goes away today, and if not, im going to the ER to get a checkup...

Acid reflux. Gezz get a on a good diet.

Be sure to post your results.

As I was reading it, I didn't even get too far before I knew and almost felt the pain. Upper left chest, just toward the center from the 'nipple region'. Never had it so bad as you describe, but been pretty damned uncomfortable at times. Almost worse when it just randomly stabs ya and runs away again too! Spend the day waiting for it to come by and stab again.:mad:

Be sure to post your results.

As I was reading it, I didn't even get too far before I knew and almost felt the pain. Upper left chest, just toward the center from the 'nipple region'. Never had it so bad as you describe, but been pretty damned uncomfortable at times. Almost worse when it just randomly stabs ya and runs away again too! Spend the day waiting for it to come by and stab again.:mad:

well today i feel pretty good, but i dont want to push it... i guess its pretty common especially in the american population. Im thinking of taking some more omeprezole, its supposed to stop the pain and work pretty well...

well today i feel pretty good, but i dont want to push it... i guess its pretty common especially in the american population. Im thinking of taking some more omeprezole, its supposed to stop the pain and work pretty well...

If it bothers you enough to ask a bunch of guys you have no idea are.... go see your Dr please.

Always consult with a Dr. on any unexplained ailments. Why take a chance.. I lost a few feet of guts due to what started as cramping and ended up a few hours from death thanks to late diagnosis of what started as a minor problem and have a scar that looks like a botched autopsy now.

I had the same symptoms when I heard vin diesel was going to be driving a grand national in a fast and furious movie

i am reading this thread get to this post and laughed so hard... good one man... but any way go see a doctor man... and as for the quote i have X2 that...