Acid Attack Or hospital Visit??

I ended up in the hospital with severe chest pains one night after splitting 6 pitchers of beer and eating 24 buffalo wings. They gave me some medication and it went away. Now I take Prilosec before I eat on most days and I rarely have any problems.

Like the rest of them said, if you have to ask go...

On another note, your diet is about as bad as it can be...You really need to change that too...

Jason

Spent the day in the ER myself on Saturday. Changing trans fluid in wife's Jimmy and felt a bad pain in my left lower back. Started sweating like a race horse, then got the shakes. Tried to work thru the pain since I have vehicle up on ramps in the driveway and end up breaking one the freaking solenoids in the trans when I had trouble getting the pan back on. Curse GM and the lousy design of thier 4x4 S-10 blazers!

Went in the house and said f-it-all to working on daily drivers and proceeded to lie flat on the floor trying to find a comfortable position. Suspected it was kidney stones again. Tried to suffer thru it but was pretty intense so finally said to the wife, get me to the hospital for some drugs! Was interesting having her drive my Hemi Dodge Ram 4x4 for the first time, white knuckle time. Can't wait to get the bill for this one. Nothing like having a $2500 deductible. Please buy parts from me to help me out.:D

My appendix almost ruptured a few years ago and it doubled me over! I have never hurt that bad in my life! Does not pay to take chances. But, trust me if it is your appendix you will be begging to go to the hospital.

soo some sort of mild ulcer or peptic inflamation... seems to be the culprit... the pains still seems to come and go... the last two days ive been getting some rest, but this morning another flare up...:frown: eating small meals and some anti nausea pills seem to ease and nurse the pain a bit. apparently this is common in america?

Do yourself a big favor and lay off fried foods.

soo .... apparently this is common in america?

LOL!:redface:

Try reading "Seeds of Deception" by Jeffrey M. Smith, with a highlighter in one hand and a pad of sticky tabs for the pages in the other. Search the links, find the good sources of information, that will lead you to others as well, to make a wholesale dietary change. You'll be amazed at how most problems just disappear!;)

It's not as hard as you at first think it would be, it just requires a little dedication to treating yourself as a valuable resource that shouldn't be wasted by throwing just any crap you find into. You wouldn't fill your TR with 86 octane, why treat yourself as less valuable?

Im feeling much better today, still a few minor pains, but case of raza rah.... had a mild spout of food poisoning that i believe really messed me up. Ive been getting some rest, drinking fluids, and eating light meals. heavy foods give me a case of the beegees:redface: (mild stomach flu maybe:confused:) if anything else goes wrong im going to the ER.

The last week ive been eating healthier, and lemme say, you get alot more energy. in about a week ive dropped about 2lbs not doing anything:confused: sooo...

My mom is telling me that Im having a slight acid attack, the internet is telling me that i need half of my organs removed or a doctors Visit (WTF:confused::confused:) and my wallet is telling me I cant afford to go... and to just tough it out to see if it stops although the internet was telling me this could last as long as 6 months...

no other symptoms, just Crippling upper left abdominal pain... :frown:

If it's an acid attack, don't let it go too long. I'm not a doctor but I talked to a guy from work yesterday that ignored his acid reflux problem for a while and it cost him part of his esophagus. He finally decided to go to the doctor after choking on bile in his sleep got to him. Cancer took his saliva glands and who knows what else. Now he feeds through a tube in his navel and carries a water bottle to keep his mouth from drying out. Talk about a loss of quality of life...... He won't ever be able enjoy a good meal with family or freinds again.

If it's an acid attack, don't let it go too long. I'm not a doctor but I talked to a guy from work yesterday that ignored his acid reflux problem for a while and it cost him part of his esophagus. He finally decided to go to the doctor after choking on bile in his sleep got to him. Cancer took his saliva glands and who knows what else. Now he feeds through a tube in his navel and carries a water bottle to keep his mouth from drying out. Talk about a loss of quality of life...... He won't ever be able enjoy a good meal with family or freinds again.

You see what this guys said? So you'll never know what it is unless you see your doctor, AND REGULARLY! Last time I checked, we have only ONE life to live, so don't take chances asking guys about your health....go to the one who knows the answers to your health problems. You've got to take care of yourself, buddy. No bones about it!

I go to a doctor regularly, check-ups, all that. You've never lived the highlife until you try the colonoscopy route:eek:. It inspired me to start writing a best seller called "Anal Canal Diary." Hope the first printing doesn't stink.:rolleyes:

Now get to that doctor, sport.....NOW!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Spent the day in the ER myself on Saturday. Changing trans fluid in wife's Jimmy and felt a bad pain in my left lower back. Started sweating like a race horse, then got the shakes. Tried to work thru the pain since I have vehicle up on ramps in the driveway and end up breaking one the freaking solenoids in the trans when I had trouble getting the pan back on. Curse GM and the lousy design of thier 4x4 S-10 blazers!

Went in the house and said f-it-all to working on daily drivers and proceeded to lie flat on the floor trying to find a comfortable position. Suspected it was kidney stones again. Tried to suffer thru it but was pretty intense so finally said to the wife, get me to the hospital for some drugs! Was interesting having her drive my Hemi Dodge Ram 4x4 for the first time, white knuckle time. Can't wait to get the bill for this one. Nothing like having a $2500 deductible. Please buy parts from me to help me out.:D

Mark, sorry to hear of this...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy:)

I've had lots of my friends tell me about how painful the kidney stone caper was, my wife included....sounds just horrible, I just can't imagine. Shirley had a stone trying to pass while driving the beltway in Washington on her way home from work....she said she didn't know how she made it to the hospital, she was in such pain....all this driving at 65mph or the rush hour traffic will run her over!

So, what happened? Did you have an operation, did you caulterize the stones, call the Rolling Stones, donate your kidneys, what???

That's a real painful thing to go through, that's the last thing I want to happen to me....especially while lying under a damn car/truck.

Hope you feel better. $2500 deductible!???!?!?!!:eek: Incredible!

Sure, I'll buy from you to help....got any passenger side black tail light trim in good shape? How much?:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

no kidding, you haven't been to the doc yet? wht are you waiting for,

BTW- that medicine your taking says right on the box- do not take if your stomach hurts. that was supposed to tell you to go to the doctor first.:rolleyes:

Hope you feel better. $2500 deductible!???!?!?!!:eek: Incredible!

That's nothing, my stupid health insurance now has a $4500 deductable just to make affordable by my boss. No raise to make up the difference either.

no kidding, you haven't been to the doc yet? wht are you waiting for,

BTW- that medicine your taking says right on the box- do not take if your stomach hurts. that was supposed to tell you to go to the doctor first.:rolleyes:

I dont have health insurance... :frown:

That's nothing, my stupid health insurance now has a $4500 deductable just to make affordable by my boss. No raise to make up the difference either.

OMG!!!! That alone almost gave ME a heart attack!!!!:eek: Un forking believable!!! That should be illegal....it must really hurt your financial situation.

Thanks for shocking me, as I was upon reading your posts. Jeez!!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

I dont have health insurance... :frown:

Man, that sucks. I don't know what to tell you except get to a health clinic that accepts folks without health insurance. You've got to do something about your problem. At least try. OK?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Man, that sucks. I don't know what to tell you except get to a health clinic that accepts folks without health insurance. You've got to do something about your problem. At least try. OK?

Bruce '87 Grand National

that's exactly what you gotta do.

when i was having problems, my work insurance hadn't kicked back in from a previous layoff. i was getting turned away by all the hospitals and doctors around here. but in atlanta, we have grady (the place to go for trama or gunshots). i found a co-worker that let me use his city address and went there. now i don't care what anybody thinks about that, had it not been for Grady, i wouldn't be here with 'yall today. Are there any hospitals like that in your state? that;s what you gotta do.

same thing happened when i was rear-ended 2 years ago. my insurance doesn't cover orthropedics. told them that on the phone, they made me an appointment. an that other guys insurance would pay the bill or be sued (had lawyer and all). they told me i needed to have 425.00 in cash to be seen. i caused a seen saying loudly, "because i can't afford to pay, i'm not going to be seen by the doctor?". everyone in the office was looking. that was my own "health insurance awareness (community service message). it sucks how much healthcare costs, and how many people don't have insurance.

i know that was just alittle crazy, but it was actually fun.

check some places like mychristaincare, or google cheap insurance. there are some options out there, they aren't cheap- but you might get lucky.