Accident at West coast nats

That is one of the worst wrecks I have seen & a miracle the guys alive. I wish him well.

Scott has been moved out of icu and is now resting (somewhat) comfortably in a regular room. We are waiting to hear back from the doctor on whether the brace is supporting his neck correctly...if it is then he will be able to get out of bed. He has had quite a bit more pain today, and I imagine tomorrow will be even worse, so the docs are keeping him pretty doped up.

Scott I wish you a speedy recovery. That was a bad one but thanks to Speedworld's quick response and the availability of a helicopter, you are OK. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
Jeff

I hate seeing stuff like this but it's always in the back of my mind on every pass. I hope that this wakes up some people to update their cars to get safer..

Scotty is a one of a kind. It took coordinating an event (BPG 2011) to realize how great of a person he is compared to so many others who just whine and complain and have the "well i have been in these cars since 1987 i know everything just call me Mr. Ronne "4 speed " Sox!! He is so much of a giver whether he was tuning my 2000 Regal and practically doing work or repairs for beer or inviting me over his house with Emil (Bruisr) and Jack and others while I lived in Las Vegas, few people anywhere would offer themselves up, their houses for BBQs and impromptu burnout competitions and also willing to do anything.

I can remember when i was still a cop in Vegas, working the NE side (the worst area and one of the highest per capita in the nation of homicides, robberies, etc) and he also worked at Nellis AFB not far and he was going through the neighborhood and looking for a tailgate for his suburban. The guy he bought it from about pi$$ed himself when i came rolling up to his driveway in my patrol car. Ironically afterward i ended up pulling over a mid 80s all black Monte Carlo with a subject who ended up bailing out of his car, i got in foot pursuit with him and ended up getting him in custody. Under his dash a stolen 40 cal glock and he had about $50k in warrants as well!

Im wishing Scotty well and it will be a long road to recovery. But knowing him as I do, i know he will get back into another one. Question is of time and not IF! Godspeed my brother!

Heard about this on Facebook. I didn't even realize last weekend was the Nats. Dang!

Scott, I hope you have a swift recovery.

That is one of the worst wrecks I have seen & a miracle the guys alive. I wish him well.

Lou, I agree, it was definitely the worst wreck that I have see at a Buick event. I was very leery about running my car after Scott's accident. One good thing about racing at Carlsbad and Palmdale; it prepares you for all types of different situations. I wonder if Scott lost a radiator hose or cracked the block or a head.
Jeff

I went to the shop and saw his car, first I had heard about it. I just talked to scott and he may be released today or tomorrow and is out of ICU and in his own room. I can't say enough about what a great guy Scott is. I wish him and his family all the best. Here are a few pictures of the car, they don't do it justice. God was on his side for this one.

IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg

This is why i built a 25.1 car and stopped racing my street car.It could be anybody at any time and my heart goes out to the guy. I say lets get Shane to put up a PayPal donation account and i will throw in the first $100. I dont know the guy but that makes zero difference to me so long as i help in some way.

This is why i built a 25.1 car and stopped racing my street car.It could be anybody at any time and my heart goes out to the guy. I say lets get Shane to put up a PayPal donation account and i will throw in the first $100. I dont know the guy but that makes zero difference to me so long as i help in some way.

I'm down if shane can start it, I'd like to do something.

Very sad news. I never had the opportunity to meet Scott but he handles himself on this board with a lot of class. If something could be done with a pay pal donation, I will surely pitch in and help a fellow Buick racer. I wish him a speedy recovery. Also makes me wonder what the hell I am doing running my car with no cage...............

Can we all get together and buy him another roller to put his drivetrian in? Anyone got a good white T?

Just called Shane and left a message asking if he could put up a PayPal donation thread. I always give to people during this time of year and i cant think of a better place to give this year..From what people say he is a good guy and maybe we can help ease the pain of his wallet.;)

If he would of had a full cage and his helmet comes off it would have been worse for him. I hope he recovers 100%

Helmets don't just come off unless they are not properly secured or the helmet doesn't fit right. Looking at the wreck he's very lucky.

I have worked in the plant engineering department at St. Joe's for 20 years. I can't use the computer at work (by law) to find out which room he is in but if someone can PM me this info I can help make his stay a little better. :D

I'd like to donate something if we can get a paypal account set up for him. ----Jeremy