AC Delco platinum spark plugs?

87lc2/wo2

I went to O'Reilly's auto parts and asked for AC Delco spark plugs and the partsman gave me part #41-803 platnum plugs. Anyone use these? Feedback please.:confused::confused:

I went to O'Reilly's auto parts and asked for AC Delco spark plugs and the partsman gave me part #41-803 platnum plugs. Anyone use these? Feedback please.:confused::confused:

Do not use platinum plugs ... AC , Autolite's or NGK work well.

What an inconvenience. I'll have to go back to the parts store to get the right ones. Which do you guys prefer the most? Autolite, NGK's or AC Delco's. Also, parts numbers to. The T is all stock except for a test pipe, pypes exhaust, hot-wire, performace fuel pump, poston chip, 36lb injectors.

Do a search its been beat to death. Personally I find the NGKs superior as far as build. You will notice the ground strap to center electrode aligned on the NGKs dead on vs autolite, ac, etc.

Pull several of each brand and see for yourself

Couple great guys on this forum said "designer" plugs do not work well in these cars.

Bob

Last edited:
R44ts are the stock heat range BTW, so if you plan on running more than 15psi than you might want to consider the CR43ts.

CR is the beefier plug (center and ground electrode) too if you decide to go back again and swap, check them out side by side. TS means it's an extended tip which is a whole different debate concerning Forced Induction vehicles.