AC Delco Oil Filter Shedding?

You have a 302 and a 203 pictured, what do they cross to?/fit?

For reference so you guys don't put one of those $hit AC delco filters back on your car ever again! :biggrin:

Mobil One numbers...

M1-302 - TTA stock replacement

M1-203 - Biggie filter for the biggie adapter

M1-201 - Replacement for the longer stock AC PF52 filter.

It's not there is AC Delco counterfeit filters out there... It's AC Declo out sources them all over the place to Mexico and other foreign countries. We all know this is the new American way of doing business. So they now cost a penny to make from start to finish but they still charge and sell for the same price! That is what's going on more then anything! Buy what works and don't take a chance with your engine!

I don't believe if it was manufactured in a foreign country that they can put product of USA on it. I know I've seen AC parts that do say made in India on them.

For reference so you guys don't put one of those $hit AC delco filters back on your car ever again! :biggrin:

Mobil One numbers...

M1-302 - TTA stock replacement

M1-203 - Biggie filter for the biggie adapter

M1-201 - Replacement for the longer stock AC PF52 filter.

What makes the Mobil 1 filters all hat much better?

Counterfeiting is the new reality for us until stores that sell these products also get hammered for doing so. Thanks to Turbofish, I can pass on that important info to other AC Delco users, I'd still use the original Delco on a car.

The Mobile 1's are great, I gained a few psi of oil pressure over the WIX on my Turbo Saver. M-203's here and have been for a long time.

I don't believe if it was manufactured in a foreign country that they can put product of USA on it. I know I've seen AC parts that do say made in India on them.

Yes...but many comments have indicated that there are some filters that say USA and some that don't...and either there are counterfeit filters OR there is partial outsourcing to a manufacturer who is not providing the level of quality that all of us would like. Remember the tainted pet food that killed of a substantial number of pets or the recalled toys due to toxic coloring compounds?

From the Supplier's standpoint, you make more profit with the cheaper manufacturer, but it's the consumer(all of us) that stands to lose in the end...

After looking closely at the AC filters I have, I trust them to be US made and to work right.

Anyone have a mail order source for Delco Fleet packs. None of our local GM dealers carry them.