AC box heat shield mounting help!

liquidh8

OK guys, I am in the process of putting my refurbished ac/heat box in, and I have a factory heat shield, but I don't know exactly how it is supposed to be fastened to the box? This is a hybrid, not a factory TR, so I am using a regular G-body AC box and a TR heat shield. Do anyone have any insite, or even pictures, of how it is supposed to be fastened?

Thanks, I really need some help with this one. The box and shield are already all painted up, I don't want to make any mistakes.

Here is a pic of the box.

a36efa189f33af9771178a05c312ffb8.jpg

a965049a9f0520c78f5d1214b7157272.jpg

After looking at google pics for the past hour, I realized that the AC box for the TRs is different, so, I am going to have to hack up the heatshield, and TIG weld different brackets on it to make it fit what I have.

I don't have one on my 84' Hurst Olds. The turbo motor has been in the car for 8 years with no damage to the heater box. That is with a 3" THDP

what's funny is the factory ''heat shield'' is black... which make it a heat absorber.

If you're worried about heat getting into the box (gigity), get some reflective HVAC tape or maybe some wide chrome tape from the ricer section.

I know most guys remove it. This is going to be my daily driven, 50 plus miles a day, 5-6 days a week, year round. I just want all the factory heat shields in place.

Hmmm, that is good to know. I still will attempt to customize it to fit. Thanks for the replies guys!