? about turbonetics turbo's

6-b-kwik

getting back in it
i have a te61 with a .82 housing on my car runs really good! i noticed some smoke coming out the tail pipes more and more. we looked inside the housing the propeler is scraping of the housing and tearing it apart..just was curious what new turbo's ran or should i have mine rebuilt if so does turbonetics do this!! i went on there web site but didnt see much of a option can some one plz help me thxs greg

i think there site is turbonetics.com ??

You can get the TE61 rebuilt. If the wheel was damaged, it will cost more of course.

If you are planning on upgrading, a new turbo will probably be your best bet. That way, you will get exactly what you want.

What are you looking at getting?

to be honest i like the turbo i got on my car right now? i was just wondering is it going to be cheaper to buy a new one or to rebuild the old one? do u thingk u would have any type of price ideas....a guess not exact

Turbonetics does rebuild turbos, what kind of turbo do you have now and how old is it? Also, on new turbos, a full no questions asked 1 year warrentee from Turbonetics.
hope that helps,

i have a te-61 it came on my car almost 3yrs old..whats the diff between ball bearing?

i think i have a .82 housing i know its a te 61 anyway of checking. is ball bearing more exspensive?..also what doe a new 61 run anyways from t netics

i guess the turbo was starting to go a little while ago when i seen little smoke balls coming out the pipes,my turbos last race was a new cobra...it was worth it though! i guess that finished it off!..need to get car back on road....any info on turbonetics would be helpful thxs greg

Yes more expensive But faster spool up.

My T70 BB with a .82 spools up faster than the T63 did with a .63
I wouldn't go smaller than a T66 in a T-netics BB turbo.

Call Cottons for info on T-netics turbos:cool:

Originally posted by 6-b-kwik
does turbonetics do the rebuild! thxs greg

Turbonetics, obviously, can rebuild their own turbos. Garrett can rebuild just about any Turbonetics turbo, except the Turbonetics Ball Bearing turbos.

If you like the turbo that you have now, just send it in to get rebuilt. No need to purchase a new turbo.

Ball bearing is nice, but you are looking at about double the cost.

Ball bearing is nice, but you are looking at about double the cost.

not even close to double, about 400-450 more on a large shaft turbo.

does anyone have a phone number so i can talk to to someone at t-netics about the rebuild thxs greg