about to install fuel pump and hotwire do i need a fpr too?

Racecar_Dave

getting everything ready for david's intercooled motor to live in my car and i was wondering if i needed a fpr since im upgrading my fuel pump

If you still have the stock Bosch 233 regulator then yes, a new adjustable regulator would be preferable. If you have the Bosch 237 regulator you might be able to get by with that only thing is its not adjustable.

I would say yes. Depending on what chip is in it you would need to adjust the fp for the chip.

If you want to be able to tune a little . Gives you 2 ways to increase or decrease fuel pressure. The chip and regular if you have the right chip .

A Bosch 237 will give you the proper base fp (~43 psi) for a turbotweak chip. It's a good inexpensive option for someone who wants to keep things simple. Depending on your goals you may not even miss not having an adjustable one. Just adjust fuel through the chip if needed. In certain applications its nice to keep things simple and not have too many things to adjust or worry if its adjusted right. All depends on your goals.

If you want to be able to tune a little . Gives you 2 ways to increase or decrease fuel pressure.
I feel like the fuel pressue, as adjusted at the regulator, is more of a "gross" adjustment, for whatever chip. One that baseline is accomplished, then you can "fine" tune through your chip, translator, etc.

I consider it an essential upgrade, for whatever it's worth;)

You can "adjust" your regulator with a vice and right size socket. Careful as you can't go back down. But if you are willing to do the extra effort it is cheaper than a $100 upgrade and does the same thing(increase base fuel pressure).