image.jpg
Right on
I normally take a tie down ,,,,,wrap it around the pulleys and mark it

Then head to auto zone

Still have a few days before the pump shows up

Will get going once its here

Last edited:
I'm curious, Why?
Truthfully it’s just a simpler setup I don’t have to worry about it not coming on . Plus the mechanical pump I have is a Moroso high volume water pump that I have never seen anyone else running one .

Truthfully it’s just a simpler setup I don’t have to worry about it not coming on . Plus the mechanical pump I have is a Moroso high volume water pump that I have never seen anyone else running one .
Ok, I see your point.

I no longer have the option to ever change my belt set-up ever again. Just wanted to know if there was some unforeseen issue I should look out for in the future.

A total fabrication revamp of the front of my motor after all these years would be a real headache.

TA also has a stock style heavy duty water pump for our cars too. The claim is 10 degree's lower then the stock water pump offers. I left my car as stock as possible where pumps, fans, etc are concerned. I do a lot of cruising with the car and like to keep it simple. Aside from the power it makes, everything else mirrors a stock Grand National. No switches or anything I have to activate inside the car. I just turn the key and go.

The original water pump is a good design. Most people only switched it out for not needing belt driven type accessories that used the Gilmer pulleys or the thought of gaining hp. I dont think that it was ever proven to free up any. Mine is the WP125SHD ( I dont think that they make the SHD version anymore) in black. Moroso used to make a ton of Buick parts like oil pans and pumps, power steering pumps, valve covers, pulleys and more.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'm going to add this in
Just in case anyone references this thread for parts and install or just wants to think about it

The purpose of this install is not hp

But quick cool downs between runs

I think everyone can agree that is the only significant benefit of an electric pump

View attachment 316824 View attachment 316817 View attachment 316823 I'm going to add this in
Just in case anyone references this thread for parts and install or just wants to think about it

The purpose of this install is not hp

But quick cool downs between runs

I think everyone can agree that is the only significant benefit of an electric pump
Yes. When you shut the car down and leave the pump and fan running, the engine cools down in minutes. On cooler days it seems it happens within seconds. I suppose you could also leave the water pump off for warming up the engine quickly on very cold days as well. Although I never do this.

I haven't seen these instructions in years now. Although I'm sure I still have them in my paperwork drawer in the tool chest somewhere. But looking at them today, along with the photo you have included above, leads me to believe that if I ever wanted to go back to a mechanical water pump I simply might just be able to do so.

As far as coolant goes, I never heard of this engine ice stuff. I simply use 50/50 Prestone/Water mix with a bottle of RMI-25. After all this time, my DeQuick radiator still looks brand new inside.

I didn't know moroso even made a pump for a buick v6
Here is acouple pics of my moroso water pumper . Also I have a electric water pump for sale if anyone is interested

Attachments

• 1902638D-45D5-4D31-A912-D11440F58CCC.jpeg
    1902638D-45D5-4D31-A912-D11440F58CCC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 3882C274-FB70-4E61-A3F5-9345E5BD06D2.jpeg
    3882C274-FB70-4E61-A3F5-9345E5BD06D2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
  • E41FA783-782A-42D8-A3CE-C74F424D166C.jpeg
    E41FA783-782A-42D8-A3CE-C74F424D166C.jpeg
    767.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 53455C29-68B7-48A3-92AA-FC08FA3CF155.jpeg
    53455C29-68B7-48A3-92AA-FC08FA3CF155.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
You have a part number on that high volume?
Or were can i find it

For my electric water pump and fans, I wired it so that the pump runs on key power through a relay, the fans are still controlled through the XFI/computer BUT I use the temp switch(not temp sensor) on the intake to control both the fans and water pump when the car is off through some creative wiring with some relays so the water pump cant electrically backfeed into the fans. The mushroom shaped intake water temp switch is set to come on at something like 165 degrees so there is nothing to forget and even with key power off this switch will keep the fans and pump on until it reaches whatever the switches lower temp limit is(Forgot what it is offhand) when the car is parked.
I still have a switch in the car to turn on/off the water pump but I only use it to turn it off if I know I'm going to have the key on and the engine off for a while and keeps the pump from running for no reason. The temp switch will still override this if I forget to turn it back on.
FYI - I just eliminated the time delay relay and use the above wiring strategy to control everything.
AG.

Or were can i find it
Negative I don’t think you can buy them anymore . I’ve have never seen anyone with one so it nice to have on the car .

Or were can i find it
Negative I don’t think you can buy them anymore . I’ve have never seen anyone with one so it nice to have on the car .

image.jpg
image.jpg
Ok the relay showed up
Wired it in as instructed, took a little extra time and soldered / shrink wrapped instead of butt connector( hey it's Saturday and I actually have garage time) took about 45 minutes to have all the wiring prepped when the pump arrives. 2 wires left when I get the pump

I mounted the relay next to my injector relay on the firewall , the stray blue wire is power to the pump