About to go electric water pump

IMG_3542.JPG
I replaced this water pump around 96 in junction city Kansas

Can't believe it's been so long

Well , I'm a little held up

My water pump was delivered to the wrong address yesterday.

I called summit right away and they re shipped after a 20 minute talk. They are good with customer service no doubt.

It's pretty cool they will ship a 450 part that has to be drop shipped with out a big hassle

I also called fed ex and had an investigation opened and alerted them more fedex packages are enroute and may be delivered to the wrong address again.

They were very helpful and quick to respond.

I'm pretty sure it got delivered to a neighbor a few houses down. I'm guesing the fed ex driver will have to swing by there today.
Will see if they bring it over later on.

Summit is a stand up company for sure. I ordered a wrong axle flange for my car when I was converting it to disc brakes. Tore the rear end apart and realized that it was the wrong one. Called to tell my story and get the correct one, they sent me a shipping label to mail it back (after 3 years of purchasing it) and sent me the correct one with no hassles. If only can can get them to stop sending me free catalogs every month.....lol

Right on.
This is just a hold up because they drop ship these from meziere and it takes about 10 days.

Had days off work to get this done , now I have to find something else to do.

its pretty clean.....hasnt been out of the garage for a month....i have some new dew sweeps that will be here tomorrow to install.

all the pre work for the pump install is done

bolt it on
hook up 2 wires
add coolant/ bleed it
that should be it

IMG_3548.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG
Pump #2 showed up from summit(UPS)

The other pump fed ex delivered to the wrong house was brought over by an old lady 2 houses down. Fed ex said they had a a new driver. Will return to summit.

Here are a couple pics.
It's too late to mess with it tonight
Will work on it tomorrow

IMG_3553.JPG
IMG_3554.JPG
Back plate
Then pump

All finished,
Tested the pump for a few seconds, super quiet.
Not a bad install everything fits nice , instructions are good and the pump looks like it's high quality.

I have a couple more gallons of coolant to get then will see how it performs.

Last edited:
Cool down 20 degrees in about a minute after ignition shut down.

What’s better than that?

Take another video with just the pump running and let's hear under the hood

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Take another video with just the pump running and let's hear under the hood

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
These electric water pumps run so quiet you may not even be able to hear it on video.

Sometimes when I start the car and I’m at a car show and there’s people and noises around, I get out and listen before I turn the key.

A plug where the heater port would go is up there
That’s it

Might be a reflection?
Nope, I don’t have that plug at all. It must have been added as part of this latest design.

I’ve had mine for over 12 years now. Trouble free, so I’ve never had to have it rebuilt or have ever had to replace it. So mine does not have this plug.

I don’t have heat anyway. I don’t drive mine unless it’s the kind of day you can drive with the windows open.

:)