Aaron Thorpe's (Avon) performance at Cecil!

EightSecV6

MDBL
I would like to congratulate Avon on his new personal bests at Cecil he ran an 8.55 8.56 8.57 and 8.59 with his new best MPH of 162.6 This was in TSO legal trim at weight (we are swapping to the T4 flange for a weight break next year!). He lost in the final to Ted A in what should have been the quickest and fastest side by side pass in TSO history!
Avon said to my son prior to his pass against Ted "tell yo daddy, git my otha mota ready, we gonna need it afta dis one". Luckily for me a boost line came off the bosst regulator and prevented him from putting it to the moon!!!!! Still an awesome performance, Ted has surely given us something to shoot for.

Congrats to Avon ........him and Ted certainly have rasied the bar for next year. They both had 8.50's bracket cars.......amazing to watch.

Congrats again to all.........great job boys.

Congrats to Avon and the Anderson crew on a job well done. Man I wish I coulda been there to see these cars run.

Congrats Bill and Avon!

Bill, If you dont mind sharing what turbo is Avon running?

Thx!

Anderson Performance,ATI converters, and F.A.S.T EFI Serious combo at 3500#s!!!!
Congrats Avon and Billie!!!

Thanks guys, Avon is $hit talker and really gets the drama going in the staging lanes. Friday Dave Fiscus had some problems so Avon cut him some slack BUT he was all over Ted like white on rice!!!! Saturday he was in the staging lanes in his fire suit doing his ghetto stripper dance for Daves wife trying desperately to get her to dance with him and she was having no part of it! Something to see for sure.Hopefully Rich has that on video as well!

Avon has an off center stage 2 with the old version Champion heads a classic F.A.S.T. and a 47-88 turbo using a t5 flange. We are going to swap that out to a t4 flange for the weight break.

Thanks guys, Avon is $hit talker and really gets the drama going in the staging lanes. Friday Dave Fiscus had some problems so Avon cut him some slack BUT he was all over Ted like white on rice!!!! Saturday he was in the staging lanes in his fire suit doing his ghetto stripper dance for Daves wife trying desperately to get her to dance with him and she was having no part of it! Something to see for sure.Hopefully Rich has that on video as well!

Avon has an off center stage 2 with the old version Champion heads a classic F.A.S.T. and a 47-88 turbo using a t5 flange. We are going to swap that out to a t4 flange for the weight break.

Avon/Anderson Performance and team did a great job out there. He is hilarious that's for sure. He treed me big time and should have put me on the trailer and I thank him for the great race and the good laughs before the final. I think we are going to have some fun at future events that's for sure.... Your string of consistant 8.5x passes at 162x MPH is what it is all about.

TSO is going to be a very interesting class next year. I think the 100# break is a good idea, although I'm sure they are going to outlaw that PTE T4 "88" turbo :biggrin:

Avon/Bill,

Great job you guys really have that car running! TSO is going to be interesting next year, guess it's time for everyone else to step up or step aside.:biggrin:

Avon/Bill,

Great job you guys really have that car running! TSO is going to be interesting next year, guess it's time for everyone else to step up or step aside.:biggrin:

How much do you think is left considering the existing turbo limitations?

Avon/Bill,

Thanks Dave. There is only one guy with a bullseye on his back (Ted) He brought a better car to Cecil but we are going to try and fix that next time!!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks Dave. There is only one guy with a bullseye on his back (Ted) He brought a better car to Cecil but we are going to try and fix that next time!!!!!:biggrin:

Next time Avon doesn't get the leave. He had me pretty concerned all the way to the end. A few words were coming out of my mouth the whole time down the track till the end. Good thing there was no in car camera.

I think there is a 8.20 left in it, quite a few screw turns left in the boost.:eek:

Sounds possible to me. Especially when you consider Richie Kibler has already run some high 7's with a Stage2/GT47-88mm combo in LS at 3100lbs.

Bill, will Avon be racing again at MIR for the World Cup?

(He won that last year of course)

Does he need a different tranny/rear re-installed to be class legal?

Thank you sir.

Bill, will Avon be racing again at MIR for the World Cup?

(He won that last year of course)

Does he need a different tranny/rear re-installed to be class legal?

Thank you sir.

Are you the guy he told me about who mentioned to the officials that he didnt have a "stock" block? I guess the answer to your question would be no.