A pillar Trim install trick and general reassembly help

lucky14

Well sorry for the long absence....

Since I last posted (last summer) the GN is now has a full body resto!

Paint by Dillon

Anyone in the Central VA area... needs to see Bob Dillion (no joke his name)
He is in the Richmond area.

Within a few days of getting her back I had to hurry and put her all together as we moved from VA to Pittsburgh, PA.

I hated rushing... but I didn't have a choice

She is now back home in our new home but not 100%

I need help with:

1) Whats the trick to reinstalling the A pillar trim, that runs the length of the A pillar and then behind the dash a little?

2) Anyone have any clue what shims and stops go where on the window regulators? I marked the shims and stops but they don't seem to make sense how I numbered them. I couldn't adjust the windows tight to my new weatherstripping. I know some of it is becuase I put it together enough to drive it 6 hours and that I need to replace the regulators as the center pivot is way to worn. So does anyone have a parts picture of the door/regulator or body manual?

I think on the A pillar moulding, shove it in place down by the dash first and I think you have to bend it so you can insert the other end in the moulding at the top of the window opening. Window adjustment is just a matter of trial and error.

yeah I know the actual regulator adjustment is trail and error... I do enought of that at work with handbuilt coachwork cars...

but I was hoping for the correct shim and stop postions (the "L" and Sloted metal shims with the fuzzy scrapers on them.

Thanks on the A pillar trim I was trying that method before... not much sucess... might try it again after the plastic heats up on the driveway when I get the car out of storage/.

Every car has different adjustments, basically. I think I have mine pushed up as tightly as possible to the glass, but that doesn't say it will work for your car. :)

Probably warming up those pieces will make them more pliable. You're right.