A new Superbird??????

IEATV8S

cool-car-superbird-wallpa-6425d.jpg

Yeah, I've seen these on ebay for like 70K+. I like them, but I'd rather have a used Zr1 for that kinda $$$

Wonder if it's cobbled together like the original too?

That is disgusting....body lines don't work for what they were going for. Looks like they went to pep boys and grabbed a bunch of peal and stick accessories and went to town....

I'd buy one any day over that joke of a new car Charger, or Dart for that matter.

First it's ugly second it's made from the wrong body the Superbird was a Charger with the wing and nose cone not a Challenger plus Plymouth is no more and for 70k pound sand it's already a heavy car to start with all that it's probably as heavy as an F250

Being a Mopar guy too...I gotta vote no on this mock-up. The "Winged" cars were a very special breed and if they were to dare replicate them it would have to be near perfect and the body lines would need to follow more off the Charger's....I vote leave the Winged beasts rest and don't mess 'em up!

Being a Mopar guy too...I gotta vote no on this mock-up. The "Winged" cars were a very special breed and if they were to dare replicate them it would have to be near perfect and the body lines would need to follow more off the Charger's....I vote leave the Winged beasts rest and don't mess 'em up!

it's not a mock up.. you can buy them, just like those Bandit Trans Ams built on the new Camaro..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the nose. The wing not so much. Who am I to say? Was the Holden GTO not a GTO? It was two-doors, rear wheel drive, V8 powered. Lots of purists cried foul. Again, to each his own.

I'm diggin it in a perverted sorta way. But....

I've always like Daytona's better, and 4-doors or not, would Love to see the new Charger nosed and winged!

I like it...with the exception of the rims/tires.
To me the Superbird and Daytona represented the absolute highest point in Nascar racing when the OEM's had a say in car design, as well as win on Sunday sell on Monday the same basic car that was raced. Now that time is long past and Nascar dictates the rules to keep things equal, it would be a more fitting tribute to have a universal body that nobody recognizes and have a place for whatever OEM badge you wish to place on.

Sorry for the rant.....

BTW - Love the Superbirds and Daytona's, don't really care for this attempt of the retro look. Partially because of the above statement.

Allan G.

Yeah, I like the color and retro to wing cars but the wheels got to go, they need to use diff wheels. But overall I think it's not too bad, jmo

First it's ugly second it's made from the wrong body the Superbird was a Charger with the wing and nose cone not a Challenger plus Plymouth is no more and for 70k pound sand it's already a heavy car to start with all that it's probably as heavy as an F250
Being a prior plymouth owner. The superbird was made from the roadrunner, and the daytona was made from a charger. I like the looks but not for the price.

Now that time is long past and Nascar dictates the rules to keep things equal, it would be a more fitting tribute to have a universal body that nobody recognizes and have a place for whatever OEM badge you wish to place on.

Sorry for the rant.....
Check into NASCAR for 2013. They are at least back to allowing bodies that more closely resemble the production vehicle. Sadly, the 2013 Dodge cars looked best but they went and bailed...again. :confused:

2013-Dodge-Charger-Nascar-Sprint-Cup-Car-and-production-version-drivers-side-three-quarters-623x389.jpg

To me the Superbird and Daytona represented the absolute highest point in Nascar racing when the OEM's had a say in car design, as well as win on Sunday sell on Monday the same basic car that was raced. Now that time is long past and Nascar dictates the rules to keep things equal, it would be a more fitting tribute to have a universal body that nobody recognizes and have a place for whatever OEM badge you wish to place on.

Sorry for the rant.....

BTW - Love the Superbirds and Daytona's, don't really care for this attempt of the retro look. Partially because of the above statement.

Allan G.

the "win on sunday, sell on monday" thing makes sense until you realize that a lot of those Daytonas and Superbirds sat on the lots for years before being sold dirt cheap to whoever wanted them..