Escape From New York-Truckers

Organizing on the CB that's pretty cool.. I have a base station set up, talked to Manitoba from Rhode island recently

I was really hoping that this was going to gain some traction but looks like it isn't.
Big tough guy in shitcago that started it toned down on the big talk 12 hours after posting.
jmho but I think some federal reserve notes might be involved.

NOT on 5 watts you didn't!:LOL:
Yep just a peaked and tuned McKinley , I don't run an amp.. granted it was on sideband during the daytime using skip but Ive talked to Texas & Oklahoma on just a.m. too
I just put an inconspicuous antenna up high as I can & take my chances.. might be able to see it if u zoom in
2531.jpeg

We ran a single side band 1000W from the back of the mail room at Yokota, AFB, Japan.
1961-63.
Worked well til we walked all over the base comm system! The space cops were NOT happy.
AIRC, it was an old BC610 unit that was WW2 surplus.
KA2JA, Tokyo, Japan.
Had lots of QSO cards from all over the world.
A friend here in the states had a 1 gallon kicker on his CB, in his van.
DAMN! When he key'd the mic it sounded like a guitar string twang!

FUN TIMES!

Yep just a peaked and tuned McKinley , I don't run an amp.. granted it was on sideband during the daytime using skip but Ive talked to Texas & Oklahoma on just a.m. too
I just put an inconspicuous antenna up high as I can & take my chances.. might be able to see it if u zoom inView attachment 397778

Day um, look at the size of that thing!! Lol

We ran a single side band 1000W from the back of the mail room at Yokota, AFB, Japan.
1961-63.
Worked well til we walked all over the base comm system! The space cops were NOT happy.
AIRC, it was an old BC610 unit that was WW2 surplus.
KA2JA, Tokyo, Japan.
Had lots of QSO cards from all over the world.
A friend here in the states had a 1 gallon kicker on his CB, in his van.
DAMN! When he key'd the mic it sounded like a guitar string twang!

FUN TIMES!
Definitely need the power if you wanna get out reliably, I kinda like the randomness of reaching different places, I've heard Jamaica Ireland Scotland England but when the bands are busy wimpy radios like mine are tough to hear.

Day um, look at the size of that thing!! Lol
First time I've ever heard that 🙄 lol... From the ground it's 36' of 3/4 Imc (stronger & obviously lighter than rigid) then a 24' max 2000 antenna brings it to 60' to the top keeping it fcc legal lol.. key is using the ground to bear the weight then just a few minis on backside of garage.. all kinds of flex when the wind blows