A few dyno pulls of my car tuned by Cal Hartline

D's GN

I towed my car out to Marysville WA this past summer to meet up with Gene Fleury and have our cars tuned by Cal, we ended up making 664rwhp at 22lbs boost on pump gas and Razor's twin nozzle alky. I stopped at 22lbs because a few problems arose, the car was just started for the first time the night before and needed some TLC. All the pulls were up to 6500+ rpm, mods are in my sig.

Datar

[video=youtube;Q3B_J8D47tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3B_J8D47tQ&feature=g-all-u&context=G262de34FAAAAAAAACAA[/video]

Congrats on the numbers. Good to see guys using one of the best tuners in our Buick community. More should follow when they put all that time and effort into a very well thought out build, but cheap out in the end with the MOST important part of the puzzle, the tuning. The cost to get a guy like Cal to your location and pay for the tuning out ways the cost of a rebuild and all the other head aches that come into the equation. It by far was the best investment I have made with my car. Don't forget.......... Cal's tuning also comes with his continued support. Can't tell you more what value that means to me. Now he is no longer my tuner, but my friend.........that tunes my car.

Thanks guys,

... why the reverse split cam? How/where is your backpressure ratio?

Not sure on the split duration specifically on my combo, I left those details for Lonnie to figure out. It makes great power and the throttle response is amazing with the small solid roller. The valve springs are set up around 225lbs on the seat and around 500 open.

Datar

Congrats on the numbers. Good to see guys using one of the best tuners in our Buick community. More should follow when they put all that time and effort into a very well thought out build, but cheap out in the end with the MOST important part of the puzzle, the tuning. The cost to get a guy like Cal to your location and pay for the tuning out ways the cost of a rebuild and all the other head aches that come into the equation. It by far was the best investment I have made with my car. Don't forget.......... Cal's tuning also comes with his continued support. Can't tell you more what value that means to me. Now he is no longer my tuner, but my friend.........that tunes my car.

Absolutely true, this is the second time Cal has tuned the XFI on my car and I am WAY out on the West Coast. The other two XFI equipped cars tuned besides Gene's Stage car was a single turbo 331ci Mustang coupe with a PT88. It made 930rwhp at 21lbs. The last one was a twin turbo 61mm 383 in a 1988 GTA, made 1033rwhp 25lbs boost. The drivability is perfect on all these cars.

Datar

nice numbers D!!

Havent seen you guys for a while. thanks for posting the vid. Did you get the TA"s pulls on vid as well?
Best regards for the holidays to you and yours.
Jim