A challenge to name the toy

Dennis Kirban

Earlier this month an inidividual passed away due to natural causes (best way to go actually)....over 50 years ago he invented a toy that has remained popular since he invented it along with his brother in law. It has sold millions with little if any design changes during the 50 plus years.

What "toy" am I referring to?

I know we got a smart group here....so lets see how fast the rite answer pops up in this thread.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Ant farm. Invented by Milton Levine and his brother-in-law in 1956.

You nailed it curious what tipped you off?

The company sold last year for more than 20 million dollars.....Levine often remarked that the most amazing feat is ants put his three kids through college.

Most novelty type items last 2-3 years a best this one has survived 50 plus years.

Lots of good guesses....slinky was a good guess. Actually my father did the very first advertising for that company and in the early days hand packaged the slinkys on their dining room table. I have the original artwork for the very first slinky dog that came out.....

I knew it would not take this group long....to figure it out.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

FYI, those new gel type ant farms are the bomb diggity. I use them in my science classes and they're always a huge hit.