A/C questions...

jeromeleti

Hello everyone,

My A/C blows out the not only the vents, but also the floor with it being in Max, Normal, and Bi. Is it normal to blow out the floor? I would like to cancell the floor if I could at times.

Also, what are your engine temps with the AC on in 90-100+ degree summer time temps?

Thank you all!

Jerome

Sounds like you might have vaccum line problems or maybe a vaccum control problem on the back of your climate control unit not changing the vents over, if you put it on defrost does it still blow out on the floor? And also when the temps are high outside my water temp setting at redlights will rise to around 210 degrees.

Thank you for your response, moose. I did find that my blue vaccum line was disconnected. The problem is now corrected; however, the defrost does still blow out both the defrost vents and the floor. The same with the vents--on Max, Norm, and Bi, the AC blows out the vents and the floor. I was wondering, is it was normal for air to blow out the floor at all the settings?

My temps have gone up to 214 at lights. I'm hoping that is normal.

Hi,
SOME air is directed to the floor, but just a trickle.Please elaborate.All modes work now? You make it sound like they don't.

Hi,
SOME air is directed to the floor, but just a trickle.Please elaborate.All modes work now? You make it sound like they don't.

You should be able to change from vent to defrost or to bi and tell a significant change in your vents each time you change. As the above quote say's, a little trickle is normal here and there.;)

Hi,
From rereading your posts,it seems apparent that you have major problems in the HVAC area. I would start by pulling the control head and testing each vacuum motor independently.This requires an hand vacuum pump. It is possible that the respective door could be broke, even if the motor is working fine.Pulling the entire box out is very time consuming, so I hope it's a simple problem. Good luck!

Thank you all for your responses.

Originally, I wanted to get air in my face because it was only blowing out the floor and Defrost in all the settings on except for "Off." I corrected the problem by reconnecting the blue vacuum line because it was just hanging for some reason.

Now I can finally cancel out the defrost and get some cold air in my face:smile: . Can I do the same with the floor vents (cancel out) so I can get all the air in my face (the floor is on simultaneously with whatever setting I have it on)?