a/c clutch stopped engaging. no power to green wire to clutch.

ya my car idles up and the fan comes on when i short the lo pressure switch but the clutch is not kicking in.

A suggestion: The plug on the compressor next to the clutch can be flipped. If it's backwards it will not engage.

HTH

RL

Haven't gotten around to it. As far as flipping wire it was working as is son no need but thanks for the tip. This happened after I reinstalled torque converter. Maybe I pinched a wire

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

Black plug. Grey is the fuel pump
. I checked the relay and it has 12 volts but when I jump it the clutch still doesn't energize. By the way this is a friends car and doesn't have a scanner

What exactly do you mean you Jumped it??? The signal that energizes that relay is a GROUND from the ECM. The 12v should always be there with the key on. then the ground is supplied by the ECM when A/C is requested.

I tried another relay. Everything works and when I put air on the fan kicks on and idle changes but tries to stall because of no load change

I tried another relay. Everything works and when I put air on the fan kicks on and idle changes but tries to stall because of no load change

If you can PM I will email you PDF AC electrical diagram

Noticed today the fan is nit kicking on. Could this be a fusible link maybe all I did was put a converter in the tranny and it quit. I got power to the relay and low and pressure switch.

You claimed the fan came on and now it dosen't come? What change?
Did the print help you out?
Need more detail

I thought it did I guess I was wrong. I got power to relay on li pressure switch also the high pressure switch but no power to clutch wire

Try to run a wire from the AC output relay straight to the clutch terminal connection and not the clutch wire itself, and see if the clutch engages.

GNONYX said:
Try to run a wire from the AC output relay straight to the clutch terminal connection and not the clutch wire itself, and see if the clutch engages.

It engages when I apply 12 volts to the clutch. What wire from the AC relay

It engages when I apply 12 volts to the clutch. What wire from the AC relay

You never answer me if you received the AC electrical prints I sent to you.
If you did received them, then look at page 8A-21-3 (AC cutout relay) Check and see if the wire is cut.

obvious BUT did you check your fuses under the dash there is one for the ac

Did you receive the print I sent you?
You apply power from the alternator to the clutch, but did you go from the AC cutout relay on page 8A-21-3 itself to the clutch terminal and see if it engages.
As I stated in the email, is it also possible the ground wires behind the block may be loosen during your installation of the tranny?

Did you receive the print I sent you?
You apply power from the alternator to the clutch, but did you go from the AC cutout relay on page 8A-21-3 itself to the clutch terminal and see if it engages.
As I stated in the email, is it also possible the ground wires behind the block may be loosen during your installation of the tranny?
which wire on the relay