a/c clutch stopped engaging. no power to green wire to clutch.

thanks. i know where the relay is but didnt kmow what wire off the relay you wanted me to send to the clutch. if i put on the ac the fan doesnt come on but if i unplug the low pressure switch the idle changes

I personally have not remove or see underneath the AC relay terminal so I don't know which wire it is, but the AC print I sent you does show which one it is.
Clarlief1 posted this for you:
Have you tried bypassing the ow pressure switch to see if the compressor kick on? That's 1 of the most common problems on A/C.

I believe he was asking if you can jump out the AC low pressure switch to see if the clutch will engage. I know you already said the system is full, but you could also have a bad low pressure switch.
The Buick AC service manual prints that I sent to you can give more detail of troubleshooting, and a flow chart of some variables.

I jumped it and it does the same thing as if I unplugged it the idle changes

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

I had the same exact problem. I called CharlieF1 and if I remember correctly the problem was a break in the green wire. Just splice in a wire (preferably green to keep the colors consistent) close to the low pressure switch and run it close to the connection at the compressor. Splice it in close to the compressor and you will have cold air again. So basically you just need to bypass the break in the wire. Also be careful as there are two green wires, one is darker than the other.

GNRick said:
I had the same exact problem. I called CharlieF1 and if I remember correctly the problem was a break in the green wire. Just splice in a wire (preferably green to keep the colors consistent) close to the low pressure switch and run it close to the connection at the compressor. Splice it in close to the compressor and you will have cold air again. So basically you just need to bypass the break in the wire. Also be careful as there are two green wires, one is darker than the other.

Thanks rick

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

well i pulled the relay and jumped the relay and the clutch engaged but the fan didnt kick on. i jumped the upper solo plug to the green one and it engaged so now what thanks

So the clutch engages now but didn't before? Try running a hot wire from the battery positive terminal to the fan positive. Just pull the wire on the fan with the rubber boot on the end. If the fan doesn't engage then you need a new fan. Just got done (like 5 minutes ago) replacing my fan. Bought it last July from Autozone. Made in China by VDO. Liftetime warranty so new piece of shit one was free.

I would (a) look at the Vortex website again for the A/C info and (b) send a PM to charlie F1. He can get you fixed up.

i am getting a signal and voltage to blue wire on relay when i activate the ac switch

I'm almost at the end of my thinking cap to figure out your friends AC problem. I have been looking at all of the prints I sent to you, but only thing that's still bothers me is the original problem of how it got started, by installing a transmission.
I also looked at this and I don't know if this could be related or not, maybe you can see and read on page 1B-3 (compressor control relay)
Another question, hows the vacuum reading on the engine?

Attachments

• sec01-b.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 254
well i pulled starter and checked the grounds and fusible links all is good. checked the fan relays with mine and they are good. i cant understand the problem. when i switch to ac the idle changes but no fan and clutch engagement.