9/11/01...Where were you?

I was at work. I ticked me off the bosses were yelling at people to get to work and stop listening to the radio. One guys' sister was on the subway because she over-slept. Otherwise she would have been in one of the towers. My son had just finished basic training at Lackland and was stationed in Okinawa. Within days he was moved to Spain. There were some very worried parents living here at that time.

September 11th is my Birthday!
As I recall, I was leaving the D.O.T. (Department of Transport) Licensing office to get my licence plate sticker renewed.
I got into my car, turned on the radio and started to hear the reports of planes crashing into buildings.

Went home to turn on the news and watched in Horror!

09/11 is a date that is memorable to us all now and for good reason.

I was an 18 year old R&I man at a transmission shop. I was on the floor putting a lift under a Mercury grand marquis when it came over the radio that a plane hit the World Trade Center. We were thinking like a small biplane like what's hit the Empire State Building. Then they said a second plane hit. Then they said they were commercial liners. A 20-something co-worker who was notorious for coming in late after partying every night called in and was relaying the tv images to us. Said we'd never believe the images and that it looked like it was out of a Hollywood movie. We spent the day hearing it on the radio and anxiously waiting to get to a tv at night. I remember visiting my girlfriend (now my wife) at her evening job and hugging and discussing it and figuring 5000 dead. I'll never forget the day.

I'm a heavy equipment operator & was working on a commercial subdivision very near to the Madison WI airport.

I had a local radio station on when they casually started talking about it. They also thought a small plane as they were talking about it. Once it was determined to be a jetliner, I switched to a local AM news station & listened all day.

Once it was ordered that all planes grounded, I could see an almost constant stream of planes landing at Dane Co. Regional.

Got home from work & finally got to see video on TV.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Call who lambs? What does that even mean?
Think about it. You have Lambs who just follow the herd, corporate Lambs if I may, and then you have Wolves who are the leaders of the pack, which one do you want to be? My meaning is that not only America was under attack but the free world as a whole was under attack by radical extremist, should business proceed as if it was just another day?
I work to live, I do not live to work. ;)

When you hear gun fire do you run from it or towards it? A non judgmental metaphor typed with the best intention and hopefully not taken personally. :)

At the office in Dallas, got the news from corvetteforum.com as I had a 01 Z06 I just bought. Got more news there than the crashing news websites. Went with my brother and some friends to Friday's to drink and watch TV coverage of what happened. Every year, corvetteforum offtopic brings that thread back so we can read it again in memory. It was like yesterday. At first, I thought, so some little cessna flew into a random building, probably was just fog on vfr, how's that going to affect me?...

At work when we heard it on the radio. Ran into the lunch room and turned on the TV. Saw the second plane go in. We were shocked. Didn't talk for an hour, just reflected on the destruction. When I got home and sat with wife and talked. We put out a candle along with all the neighbors.

For those who missed it.. where were you?
In my home office, doing company paperwork. I don't watch am tv, so I had no idea what was going on. One of my workplace friends called me. I turned the tv on, and spent the rest of the day watching.
Immediately, my daughter called, afraid they'd call me back to active duty, as I was in the recon business.
Nope. Way too old, & technology had far surpassed what we did in the 60's.
Her brother ended up in Saudi, as a medic, from a USN reserve group.
My immediate reaction was total anger. My bp must have been off the charts. :mad: :mad:

In my home office, doing company paperwork. I don't watch am tv, so I had no idea what was going on. One of my workplace friends called me. I turned the tv on, and spent the rest of the day watching.
Immediately, my daughter called, afraid they'd call me back to active duty, as I was in the recon business.
Nope. Way too old, & technology had far surpassed what we did in the 60's.
Her brother ended up in Saudi, as a medic, from a USN reserve group.
My immediate reaction was total anger. My bp must have been off the charts. :mad: :mad:
Chuck do u have your 9-11's confused? :p
View attachment

^^ That was a call from my boss, that came in, just after a friend called.
The boss man evidently had the foresite to shut all of down.. We had a converence call later that day, and decided we all work from our offices.

I was in the basement of a Rehab building in Mexican Town in Detroit installing new windows, the boss called and said, "get home, we are under attack". It was an surreal ride home, hardly anyone on the highway, every A10 Warthog and a few F16's out of Selfridge were flying everywhere.
we made the normal 70 minute drive in less than 25, work van was floored. We made it back slightly after the 2nd tower was hit.
It's a day that I will never forget.

^^ That was a call from my boss, that came in, just after a friend called.
The boss man evidently had the foresite to shut all of down.. We had a converence call later that day, and decided we all work from our offices.
Just bustin balls Chuck no explanation needed.. no one questions your integrity around here, & truly appreciate your military service :cool: