87 Shelby Charger

God it was great finally being able to drive it today! I have to get it in for an alignment this week. I got it close enough with the tape measure for today but having the independent rear it needs the laser alignment to make sure it isn't dog tracking.

Well, here's one that people think is great.

Attachments

• Photo0067.jpg
    Photo0067.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 508
yeah I know, I've been busy with other things. Working on the Omega trying to get that car at least back on its own wheels. Kids soccer, other peoples cars fixed so I have money to work on mine, etc.

LOL I know the feeling Brad. Getting time is one thing I have problems with myself. You gonna try and get her ready for next years power tour?

I'm just finding this thread, first let me say I like your choice of platforms. Second, you have some mad fab skilz Brad, nice:cool: Third, did you decide on a color scheme yet? I like the red/black idea you threw out there, maybe like this one.

Alan

Attachments

• Fontana Nov 22 GLHS.jpg
    Fontana Nov 22 GLHS.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 476
I believe I have settled on a paint scheme, er well at least one of two choices. I have the hood and fender scoops that you see on the red Charger 2.2, but I like the Metallic blue/black as well. I plan to also slap on a big "R/T" in the black area of the hood scoop. I also think the "O24 Omni" decal layout would be pretty cool like my first car I had in high school. I'd also blackout the headlight buckets and grille openings. I wish I knew how to use photoshop, I'm a dummy with that stuff. It'd be cool to see what the Charger 2.2 looks like with the big R/T on the hood scoop would look like. You'll also notice the difference of the sail panels by the back windows, I have both styles and I'm not sure which one I like better yet either. I'll probably get both sets painted that way I can try them both on and see which one is better. Hang on and I'll try and track down my brochure with a pic of a "Detomaso" O24.

Attachments

• IMG_0002-1-1.jpg
    IMG_0002-1-1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG-2.jpg
    IMG-2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 478
It didn't turn out the best. I had to use my cell phone, it was too big for my scanner

Attachments

• Photo0069.jpg
    Photo0069.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 467
Here's a rear pic of a yellow/black O24 just like the one I had in high school-(class of 86). I loved that car. You'll also notice the "duck tail" style spoiler that I'll be using.

Attachments

• yellow O24.jpg
    yellow O24.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 466
Nice build, one of my favorite cars of the 80's.... :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c2o0EjvE-U[/youtube]

I'm just finding this thread, first let me say I like your choice of platforms. Second, you have some mad fab skilz Brad, nice:cool: Third, did you decide on a color scheme yet? I like the red/black idea you threw out there, maybe like this one.

Alan

Incidentally, the owner of that car is also named Alan.

Or is that you?

Carefull Brad, you'll have more Turbo Mopars than 'those guys' if you don't watch out. :biggrin:

Alan

It's been a while, but I've been working on the body the last few weeks. I've decided on the Metallic blue/black as the color choice using the "Charger 2.2" layout with the scoops and decals. I plan on also putting a big R/T in the black section on the hood scoop. You can see the top of the drivers quarter and on the hatchback that this car has some layers of paint on it already. I've been able to do a lot of blocking before I added any primer.

Attachments

• Photo0121.jpg
    Photo0121.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 389
  • Photo0124.jpg
    Photo0124.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 384
  • Photo0125.jpg
    Photo0125.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Photo0126.jpg
    Photo0126.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Photo0127.jpg
    Photo0127.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 381
That's nothin. My &%$$*^% Charger bleeds me so dry for time and money, I haven't even touched my Regal since I dragged it home.