87 Grey Turbo T - Austin, Texas

OK...I'm an idiot! Just read up on the MAP and so on and realize that it doesn't have any effect on engine performance when not hooked up. It's solely used to read MAP so the factory boost gauge functions. The purpose of the tee is to keep the factory boost gauge functioning as well as the aftermarket boost gauge.

I apologize for that one. My bad. I guess I should have read before I posted?

Pics coming later today as well as the report back from the frame shop.

I think this thread might earn this biggest drama award!

Someone who purchased beachfront property in Arizona would be happier than the sour grapes displayed here. Something for others to consider when initiating a transaction.

My rating of 9.5 was on the interior. 8+ on the exterior. Like I said, we talked ad nauseum on the phone and email. Scott, you know that all too well. Interesting how you have thrown yourself around this thread bashing me, ranting, raving and hell bent on ruining my reputation. Good thing there are pictures! At least everyone reviewing this thread doesn’t have to go on blind faith.

NOT NEW, NOT PERFECT. Never said it was FLAWLESS, A SHOW CAR, A PERFECT 10. I know what a 10 is and did not represent it as such.

Here is an interesting bit of trivia. Have you ever noticed the person that just has to say "make sure you don't cheat me" is usually the person that is most likely dishonest? :eek:

We covered exactly what was included in / with the car. There is absolutely no way for you to dispute that. I sure am glad I did not snap a pic with an angle of my garage, spare parts or wife. You might have assumed those were included as well. When you can truthfully say that I did not supply something I said I would then we have an issue. Otherwise, at no time did I ever convey to you there was anything else included with the car.

I think the problem is I was too thorough with you. It was information overload!

"the MAP sensor vacuum/boost line was disconnected! Apparently Jud was in such a hurry to pull all his stuff off the car and unload it on someone that he never bothered to hook up the boost line to the MAP. I'm no expert on Directscan...so, Is this where he would have hooked up his boost line for Directscan? There's not even a tee in the line for the boost gauge. It just goes straight from the vacuum block to the boost gauge and the connection for the MAP is just hanging there with nothing connected to it. Obviously the MAP wasn't getting any boost to it with the line not connected and no signs of any connection ever there."

Bingo! :eek: :eek:
Your ignorance has just reared its head. Want to know what happend to the bearing? Detonation! Thanks for bringing that to my attention now! I could have spent the $1000 on my family. Nope. I prematurely spent it on my an unexpected dependent. I hope my return of $1000 goes a long way!

I set the boost rod on that stock turbo so low, it would open instantaneously.

You see the boost gauge on the drivers pillar? It's in the picture too. It's not there to intimidate anyone it is used to gauge (i.e. read) boost. JUST ABOUT ANYONE ON THIS BOARD KNOWS YOU DO NOT TRUST THE FACTORY BOOST GAUGE. The MAP sensor does not do anything except make the little boost lights on the dash go from left to right when boost increases.

Scott - I feel like I am responding to a kindergartner. I hope others view this thread and realize you are possibly an unrealistic customer. It's obvious I can't make you happy. For that matter I am not sure anyone could.

On a positive note, I am glad to see you are finally reviewing the transaction notes.

I must admit the is one thing I never told you after all this time.....there is an owners manual in the glove box! :eek:

OK...I'm an idiot! Just read up on the MAP and so on and realize that it doesn't have any effect on engine performance when not hooked up. It's solely used to read MAP so the factory boost gauge functions. The purpose of the tee is to keep the factory boost gauge functioning as well as the aftermarket boost gauge.
I apologize for that one. My bad. I guess I should have read before I posted?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Remember this quote? "I've owned a couple TR's so I ain't totally green."

You are doing a wonderful job at showing what a seasoned a TR owner you are.
I truly hope you will take the time to stop hammering on the keyboard, bashing me, and read up on the overwhelming amount of beneficial information that can be found on the Turbo Buick boards.

Jud

"Want to know what happend to the bearing? Detonation!"

"I set the boost rod on that stock turbo so low, it would open instantaneously."

How could it have detonated if this is true? If the tune was correct the car wouldn't detonate at low boost, would it?

And the so-called Racetronix hotwire? Should I post up your email where you assure me it's a Racetronix piece? There was never a mention of Kirban and you sent a receipt from Racetronix with the car.

"nothing wrong with the headliner"

And the dents in the rear of the headliner that curiously didn't show in the pics because you didn't photograph that part of the headliner? Are they from me?

and the vapour can laying on it's side because of your hurry to pull an inconsequential cold air intake?

I think some people will see how petty you were in removing a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff off the car in your bid to extract more $$$ out of it. You purposely pulled items off the car that were pictured and lied about the condition of some parts. You hastily threw the car back together after stripping parts off it.

Sorry, Jud, but I see you for what you are. A person that extracts every penny out of something for fear that someone else might get a good deal from you.

I mean, really, would it have hurt you to leave the cold air intake on instead of pulling it and throwing together whatever you could find and having to lay the vapour can on it's side? Would it have hurt you to leave the Racetronix hotwire on instead of swapping for the cheaper Kirban unit? Would it have hurt you to throw in the Accufab instead of charging me extra even though it was in the pics?

Just talked to the frame shop.

They told me the front clip has definitely been off the car. He didn't see any signs of a frame piece being replaced or grafted in but said the frame welds had definitely been redone in spots. He suspected the frame was straightened at one point, professionally, and that they had most likely rewelded any areas they considered less than perfect. He said whoever did the work did a great job and that the work predated the current paint job(overspray on some of the bolts/screws)...which puts it before Jud owned the car. So it is entirely possible that Jud didn't realize that it had been done.

So I apologize if I implied that Jud had anything to do with the frame repair.

Oh, and Jud, ask c&cgn if I know anything at all about TRs? He bought my silver T off me and I think he will attest to the fact that I had a GN with quite a lot of work done to it by me. The MAP thing was a brain fart from my days of running alky and having the MAP sensor hooked up. I'm not an expert on these cars by any means...but I also ain't stupid and understand the mechanics of things much better than the electrical/ecm side of things.

BTW, the silver T that I sold to Clayton? I bought it off the board from Brian August, sight unseen based solely on description and pics, who now owns a super low miles cream? coloured T. It was 100% what he claimed and even nicer than I expected. I guess I had hoped this deal would turn out the same.

You see, Jud, I'm a believer in patterns. You know, once a liar, always a liar?

And I look at your history and see a pattern. Like this mythical low miles GN you claim to have owned. You told me you sold it for $17,000, correct? And then you proceeded to strip parts off it before you sold it. These were apparently the parts you sold me with 200 miles on them(you'll see another pattern-200 miles)? So you tore the turbo and torque convertor, etc... off the GN and sold them to me, correct? And then you say the TC in my car is the D5 from the GN, correct? So you sold the GN without a TC? Oddly the motor in my car also has the 200 miles figure attached to it. Notice the patterns?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you have a history of trying to extract every last penny out of a car. Not only that, you seem to have a penchant for the 200 mile figure when selling things

And Jud, who built the motor in my car? Why wasn't there any "blueprint" figures supplied? You did claim it was blueprinted and that you watched the machinist resize the rods and torque the rod bolts down. correct? Was it ADC, the guys that screwed up at least one of your motors previously? Odd that every receipt that came with the car dates back to 2004, and nothing more recent, but no receipt for the motor "blueprinting" or any motor work at all like assembly, etc...

You should have never bought a car sight unseen. This is a big lesson you will hopefully never do again. I bought a car from Florida, flew there to inspect it myself before handing over the funds. That way I knew what I was buying. A $400 plane ticket woud have been cheap insurance don't you think.

You should have never bought a car sight unseen. This is a big lesson you will hopefully never do again. I bought a car from Florida, flew there to inspect it myself before handing over the funds. That way I knew what I was buying. A $400 plane ticket woud have been cheap insurance don't you think.

Eh, Don't give this good for nothing member any advice. He wont listen to anyone, and will listen to some body shop guy who obviously has no idea about our cars bad welds, cant get anything through this losers thick skull.

This stubborn guy wont listen to anyone and is just out to bash on someone that has obviously shown class and good sense on how to handle a situation that went sour.

Wheres the pictures you claim of taking? We haven't seen anything but RANT RANT, BASH, CRY, CRY, MOAN...shed another tear too.

I think he's just out to point fingers for something he could have avoided, but didn't want to take the time to fly down to Texas, OR EVEN GET SOMEONE ELSE TO CHECK IT OUT FOR HIM, and now here he is crying like a 2nd grader who didn't get the 'good' basketball because he was taking a wizz and thinks it's everyone else's fault he's stuck with the flat ball. Go sit in the corner and STFU, and realize YOU SCREWED UP! :mad:

-Adam :cool:

Everything has been said....Several times....Let it go and move on. If you can't do that, take it somewhere else. :Had enough: :nosympathyhere:

My dad always said it was better to be quiet and let those around me think I was ignorant, rather than open my mouth and remove all doubt....